Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Basic video editing guide  (Read 1489 times)
byushooter

« on: December 12, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »
ReplyReply

I am an experienced stills photographer who uses both Lightroom and CS5 for editing but I'm new to the world of video (thanks to a new GH2).  I've downloaded the trial versions of Sony Vegas Platinum 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements and have begun poking around.  Just wondering if there is a good guide that transitions Photoshop users over to the video editing software.  Or just a good beginners guide period.  I'm on Windows and am not looking to buy the full blown, more expensive versions of software until I've mastered the basics.

Thanks.
aaronleitz

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »
ReplyReply

I would pay $25 and subscribe to lynda.com and go through their Premier Elements training:

http://www.lynda.com/Premiere-Elements-9-tutorials/essential-training/71478-2.html

Sareesh Sudhakaran

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
ReplyReply

If you are experienced in Adobe software, I recommend you just read the manual. It has everything you need.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
ReplyReply

I found it totally unlike Photoshop.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
byushooter

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:00:42 AM »
ReplyReply

I find it totally unlike Photoshop also.  I'll try lynda.com and hopefully someone else will have suggestions for other well-written info.

Thanks.
stamper

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:50:53 AM »
ReplyReply

For Vegas go to    Muvipix.com   Steve Grisetti has written a book for version 10. Personally I feel the program isn't intuitive and hard going.  Photoshop for Video. Richard Harrington if you have PS Extended. My local cine club - which I am not a member - uses Pinnacle video.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad