Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Valley in Winter  (Read 1796 times)
sdwilsonsct

« on: January 09, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Suggestions are welcome. Scott

churly

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
ReplyReply

I like these.  I think the composition of the first one holds together particularly well in both the geometry and the color.  Also an interesting angle of view.

Chuck Hurich
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
ReplyReply

I like them, too. They are almost abstract, until you look closely enough to see the detail.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:27 AM »
ReplyReply

The first one draws you in. For me the second image doesn't seem to have a focal point; nothing draws my eye. Have you considered making it B&W, using the sliders to lighten the grass and increase the contrast between it and the fingers of dark shrubs?

I like abstracts and these are good.

"Try and let your mind see further than your eyes.
sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you, Chuck, Eric and Kerry. These hills remind me of the waves that have appeared in the forum recently. They are water-formed, after all.  Smiley

Kerry: good suggestion and I have explored contrast a bit. Contrast has actually been decreased in the shadow of #1. I will think about your suggestions as I continue to process several more of these.

I appreciate the comment about a lack of focal point. Personally, I enjoy shapes and textures enough not to feel the need for a focal point, but that's just my preference.

Scott

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
ReplyReply

Me, I like the second one better.  The forms seem more contained, more pictorial. I love the sensual curvature of the ridge line.  That IS the focal point.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad