Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Fuji X pro1  (Read 21262 times)
Bernard ODonovan

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
ReplyReply

It seems the camera live view freezes while the camera focuses and so some of the red (assume failed to focus) boxes come up if the camera has moved while the focus was attempted. It seems getting it to focus will need a steady hand.. I have not used this type but it appeared to be what was happening then.. Hopefully in real world conditions that will not be an issues for the intended users...
Bernard ODonovan

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Mini review:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clubulfoto.com%2Ffuji-x-pro-1-impresii-hands-on%2F&act=url
mshea

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
ReplyReply

From photos of the body, it looks like the shutter release might have a socket for a cable release, but I can't tell for sure. Anybody know? I do street work with the camera hanging at chest level with cable attached. I was considering the Leica for this reason, but i'm happy to spend less if I can get that capability.

Merrill
KLaban

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 03:37:22 AM »
ReplyReply

...obviously Fuji know how to make a 35mm camera that feels very nice.

They also know how to make medium format SLR and range finder cameras and medium and large format lenses.

Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
ReplyReply

They also know how to make medium format SLR and range finder cameras and medium and large format lenses.

... And skin-care cosmetics!

Wait a sec! Now that's (i.e., all of the abave) perhaps the reason they survived the demise of film, and Kodak didn't?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
KLaban

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »
ReplyReply

... And skin-care cosmetics!

Wait a sec! Now that's (i.e., all of the abave) perhaps the reason they survived the demise of film, and Kodak didn't?

Nah, I doubt all of the abave had anything to do with it.

Pelao

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
ReplyReply

From photos of the body, it looks like the shutter release might have a socket for a cable release, but I can't tell for sure. Anybody know? I do street work with the camera hanging at chest level with cable attached. I was considering the Leica for this reason, but i'm happy to spend less if I can get that capability.

Merrill

Hi - yes, it can use a cable, same as the X100.
MarkL

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2012, 06:48:59 AM »
ReplyReply

You've tried reducing the size of the AF area?  The x100 is the only camera I know of which offers this feature.   You can see the size changing (to very small) in the EVF, but you'll need to visualize the change in the optical..

Yes, the focus area on it's smallest size in EVF would be tolerable but it seems to have no effect on the OVF size and for some reason known only to fuji, AFS is smaller than manual. This means I have to use a (not great) EVF if I want critical focus which, given the fanfare about the OVF, isn't really how I want or expected to use the camera.
Steve Weldon

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes, the focus area on it's smallest size in EVF would be tolerable but it seems to have no effect on the OVF size and for some reason known only to fuji, AFS is smaller than manual. This means I have to use a (not great) EVF if I want critical focus which, given the fanfare about the OVF, isn't really how I want or expected to use the camera.

The smallest size in EVF is a great deal smaller than any of my DSLR's so I consider it a nice option to have.

I might be imaging this.. but I think when you adjust the size of the EVF AF points it also changes the 'effective' size in the OVF as well, but not the displayed size. The EVF has the capability of changing the displayed AF point size while the OVF doesn't.  So I center the OVF AF point and it seems to me it limits the size to what you see in the EVF.   

Anyone know about this for sure?

----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com
nagaraj

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Some images from a guy who managed to get hold of A X1 Pro.

http://brandonremler.blogspot.com/2012/02/fujifilm-x-pro1-first-day-stroll.html

amsp

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Some images from a guy who managed to get hold of A X1 Pro.

http://brandonremler.blogspot.com/2012/02/fujifilm-x-pro1-first-day-stroll.html

Well, those photos looked pretty horrible, but there's no point in judging small compressed jpegs on a wewbsite. Until we have RAW files from the actual production camera and supported by ACR or other major converters these things are pointless.

Bernard ODonovan

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
ReplyReply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TOk_0kITBg&feature=player_embedded

This guy was happy with the AF.
nagaraj

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:27 PM »
ReplyReply

For whatever they are worth this website (Russian) has the raw files. Now got to wait for ACR or LR to become capable of processing them.

http://prophotos.ru/reviews/14697-fujifilm-x-pro1-obzor-kamery
K1D27H

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 12:50:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Or don't. Silkypix and RAWTherapee are already able to decode them.
grzybu

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »
ReplyReply

RT is able to decode but none of it's demosaicing algorithms is able to process files correctly and you will see funny pattern in 1:1 magnification.
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
ReplyReply

I hope the sensor technology will be different from that of the X10... because this doesn't sound very good...

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3340468423/fujifilm-x10-orbs-investigated-does-the-firmware-fix-work

Cheers,
Bernard

A few images online here!
feppe

Oh this shows up in here!

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 05:39:20 AM »
ReplyReply

I hope the sensor technology will be different from that of the X10... because this doesn't sound very good...

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3340468423/fujifilm-x10-orbs-investigated-does-the-firmware-fix-work

Looks like Fuji is indeed set to out-do Leica, even when it comes to epic technical failures at launch.

BJL

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
ReplyReply

The technology is different, but both are experiments with CMOS (new to Fujifilm, after it efforts with SuperCDD) and with non-standard CFA's, requiring new demosaicing algorithms for one thing. The X10 also has a diagonal arrangement of the photosites, whereas the X1 has a standard square grid layout, so the X1 might well avoid some of the X10's problems.

For now, Fujifilm has my gratitude for its ongoing wilingness to experiment with sensor technologies, but as with the Panasonic collapsing 14-42x lens, I am going to wait and see if they can sort out the bugs, which might mean waiting for the next hardware updates.

P. S. considering Fujifim's experiments, and the sensor and focusing and VF design innitiatives seen in recent years from Sony, Nikon, Panasonic and Olympus, it seems that Canon has become the most conservative, incremental refiner of its technologies. That could be a safe position for a market leader (see what works and use your great resources to copy quickly), or a dangerous miss (c. f. RIM and its Blackberry phones.)
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »
ReplyReply

For now, Fujifilm has my gratitude for its ongoing wilingness to experiment with sensor technologies, but as with the Panasonic collapsing 14-42x lens, I am going to wait and see if they can sort out the bugs, which might mean waiting for the next hardware updates.

I am in a similar position.

As an engineer, I have a lot of respect for their endeavors.

As a photographer I'll wait until they come up with something that works. The looks of the camera are nice but such issues are simply a no go, it feels like going back to the Kodak 14n days... Grin

Cheers,
Bernard

A few images online here!
Pingang

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:35 AM »
ReplyReply

I played aroud for a short while and was not that impressed.  First the camera is trying hard to be like a Leica - which is not necessary, really.  To mimicking Leica, the camera is oversized for what it can be, I think it would be a better camera if it is smaller, but bigger than X-100. The technology will allow the X Pro-1 be smaller, but I think Fuji follow something wrong. HIstorically Leica M arrived at the size through slow development, there are pre M3 Leica that are smaller, and M3 and the following models arrived at a size due to many factors, many were mechnical factors, so Leica was all along trying to be simple, efficient, and elegant, and then they became Leica. 
What Fuji did was Leica the Konica, they try to be Leica, rather than staying simple, elegant and efficient (in use).  I think Japanese maker needs to be something of their own DNA.
Image quality?  Really I am not that concern, not because I don't care the quality but I think into 2012 all the cameras of this level will perform rather well, I am more interested at NEX7 or a bigger camera like D800 or coming 5DX or even bigger pro models because I am already accustomed to them and have range of lenses available.
Final note, I think the exterior of Pro-1 was rather emptied not that I don't like simple but Fuji seemed to have hard time getting all the function onto the camera in a more balanced way, the camera looks missing something.  The viewfinder is a mess to me, I am rather confused on how it work and how to indeed focused, may be it is just me, but this is considered the 3rd model from Fuji on this X series, it is not a great camera to use for me. 

Pingang
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad