Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Fuji X pro1  (Read 21818 times)
gullevek

« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 05:00:44 AM »
ReplyReply

I am a X100 owner, and I took a quick look at the X-Pro 1.

Personally I like it, it feels really well in your hand, the buttons are better than X100, there is finally a quick menu, no more stupid RAW button and the AF selector is way better than the toggle switch.

My only horrible downer was the worse viewfinder, honestly, darker and smaller, compared to the X100.

The massive wow moment came with almost instant on, or rather instant on, I didn't feel any lag. That is on from off. I wasn't able to try on from sleep, but if on from power off is so fast, on from sleep will be as fast.

And to anyone: Stop comparing ANY camera that only looks like a rangefinder to a Leica. Nobody takes your precious Leicas away, nobody.

http://clemens-and.nihongonauts.com/post/18377857955/a-second-with-the-x-pro-1

KLaban

« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
ReplyReply

My only horrible downer was the worse viewfinder, honestly, darker and smaller, compared to the X100.

EVF or optical?

gullevek

« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
ReplyReply

EVF or optical?

In general, the EVF is probably the same, but I never use it, the OVF just looks smaller and darker. And I have no idea why.

Petrus

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
ReplyReply

I have had this for a week now, and like it. At the moment the lenses are 18 and 35mm, 60mm macro coming.

- Takes some practice to focus with the optical viewfinder: missed focus spots until you learn to "lead" depending on the approximated focus distance.
- Not a sports camera, it has different aesthetic from a (D)SLR. Artsy feel. Has given me some enthusiasm back after 34 years as a working pro.
- SHARP and no moire. I have made two quick comparisons against 5DII with 35 mm on X-Pro1 and 50mm f:1.4 and 50mm macro on Canon: 1) resolution is equal even if the other is APS-C at 16 MPix and the other is FF 21 Mpix. I tested only 200 ISO, but Canon is noisier. 2) 35mm f:1.4 Fujinon is amazingly and perfectly sharp even at f:1.4 and no color fringing. I had to check the EXIF to see which shot was f:1.4 and which f:8. Canon 50 mm 1.4 was just awful full open, total s***, compared.

I never had a "real" Leica, only (Minolta) CL, Contax G1 & G2 and various Bessas. Now I have no Leica envy anymore.
scooby70

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm really tempted but a couple of things are putting me off...

1. Reports of the image freezing as focus is acquired, that's something my Panasonic MFT doesn't do. I'll be using the EVF mostly I'd have thought.
2. Lens chatter.

I really want this camera to get an almost universal clean bill of health as the chances of my trying before buying are pretty remote. There's one local camera shop and I doubt they'll have stock anytime in the short to medium term.

I've bought my last three cameras based on internet reviews and online feedback from users but at the moment although people are saying nice things about the image quality I'm not confident to take the plunge on 2k+ of kit.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad