Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Near Dunedin, Florida (on the coast west of Tampa & north of St. Pete)?  (Read 1769 times)
KirbyKrieger

« on: January 30, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi.  I have the opportunity to travel to Florida for a short week, leaving Saturday.  I am interested in broad landscapes/waterscapes, wetlands, and the opposite: the built environment/urban landscape.  I am particularly interested in natural color:  the color of the atmosphere/color as a particular of place.  Any suggestions for locations in or near Dunedin?

An 2009 thread mentions  Myakka River state park, which I almost certainly visit, though it is almost 2 hr. from Dunedin.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:36:27 AM »
ReplyReply

A tad farther north on the coast around Homosassa Springs, and a little farther up is a sleepy fishing village called Ozella, with lots of open marshland. The marshland areas around and just north of Crystal River can offer many iconic views of Florida.
KirbyKrieger

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Michael -- many thanks   Smiley .  Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge, on the way from Dunedin to Ozello, also looks promising.

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes, you are correct. Chassahowitzka is excellent. In fact, if you're willing to drive a little farther north, The National Wildlife Reserves near Cedar Key and the Suwannee offer good wildlife and landscape shooting as well. Nice sunset locations. Stretching it a bit distance-wise, St Marks National Wildlife Reserve is just south of Tallahassee on the coast.
KirbyKrieger

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Looking into it ... leaving tomorrow.  Thanks again for the tips.   Wink

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad