Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Medium Format Digital Vs. Large Sensor DSLR  (Read 19657 times)
mmurph

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you Fred, I appreciate the kind words.

I don't mean to " whine" here, just to offer my experience and to put my equipment choices and constraints in context.

I have been incredibly bored, so I am very much looking forward to doing some real work again.  I hope to find someone to work with and get going by April after taxes. Grin

Good news on the PC lenses! That is a necessity.
Terence h

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes looks like i misread those tech specs.

Terence Hogben. Durban. South Africa. http://www.terencehogben.co.za
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I never said the lenses are good just that they are more telecentric. There are a lot of lenses that can be put on the NEX with adapters, but the ones that will not have lens cast issues are telecentric lenses and they are usually large. So the problem is finding small wide angles.

DSLR lenses would work fine and so would Leica R-lenses.

Best regards
Erik

Erik, the NEX native lenses are limited and not particularly exciting. The Zeiss E24mm f/1.8 ZA is interesting but simply isn't wide enough.

ondebanks

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I never said the lenses are good just that they are more telecentric. There are a lot of lenses that can be put on the NEX with adapters, but the ones that will not have lens cast issues are telecentric lenses and they are usually large. So the problem is finding small wide angles.

DSLR lenses would work fine and so would Leica R-lenses.

Best regards
Erik

What pleases me is that cameras like the NEX line give a sudden new lease of life to the likes of Minolta MC/MD and Canon FD lenses, whose flange distances were too short for adapting onto the likes Canon EOS, Nikon, Pentax, and Sony/Minolta-Alpha [D]SLRs. I loved my Minolta MC/MD system, carefully built up from used pieces, but I traded it in 20 years ago to upgrade to M645 medium format! Now I expect that exceptional lenses like the 85/1.7 MC I had go for multiples of what I originally paid for them.

Ray

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad