Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: why a mac...or I need a new laptop  (Read 6541 times)
W.T. Jones

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
ReplyReply

I think Quickbooks is relatively new to Mac.  If you use other software to write checks, not all of them in fact very few, can run on a Mac.  (eg. I use Checksoft with Quicken.  Checksoft does not run on a Mac.)  So be careful.

I can easily take a Mac Airbook into the field with me , so I can take a quick look at my images before leaving a site.  An Ipad 2 would be even easier to keep tethered while in the field.

Not for check writing that is done at the office, I use QB in the field for generating invoices at the end of a job if I am on the road. I think I will investigate Parallels Desktop (as opposed to bootcamp) and install Windows. Something I did not not realize one could do when I started this conversation. I am slowly coming out of my cave, but the light bothers my eyes!

Warren
jjj

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »
ReplyReply

I think Quickbooks is relatively new to Mac.  If you use other software to write checks, not all of them in fact very few, can run on a Mac.  (eg. I use Checksoft with Quicken.  Checksoft does not run on a Mac.)  So be careful.
Quicken been on Macs for quite a while. What they still haven't done is upgrade their software and now it won't work on Lion.

Intuit being crap.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad