Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Ken Rockwell  (Read 12715 times)
Bryan Conner

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob - now I believe you're kidding!!!
Sharks are fish and not whales and thus don't have a penis.
  Tongue

EDIT: Did you mean that thing on their rear side which is standing up all the time ? Its called fin, not penis ....

maybe he was referring to a Whale Shark.

Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
ReplyReply

... that thing on their rear side which is standing up all the time?...

All the time!? If it is longer than four hours, they better call a doctor Wink

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Rob C

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob - now I believe you're kidding!!!
Sharks are fish and not whales and thus don't have a penis.
  Tongue

EDIT: Did you mean that thing on their rear side which is standing up all the time ? Its called fin, not penis ....

Chris, it's worse than I'd feared: you actually believe that old fishwives' fib!

I have good friends in the nautical industry and they confirm what I already had from a mermaid (and who'd know better?); it was all personally confirmed by personal research last year when I presented the hard work for my Botticelli Show:

"The Birth of Venus

Always a pale child, Sandro Botticelli would spend hours of the day in solitary walks by the fabled shore, chatting quietly with the mermaids who, taking pity upon the poor kid, would allow themselves to be seen. Nonetheless, sirens to a fish, they would temper their discourse with anecdotes about heroes and other mythical creatures until poor little Sandro, head throbbing, could take no more, and would scurry back to the relative silence of his broken home.

This continued until his fourth birthday when, heavy with a cold, he was confined to quarters. Bored, he wandered around the house until he came upon the wooden ladder to the flat roof, an area forbidden him because of the difficulties a small child might face attempting to challenge the perils of such a thing.

Anyway, since nobody was around and his mother was entertaining some soldiers in the garden, he took the opportunity of going where he had never gone before: up and ever higher, at least to the open trapdoor to the roof. (Now, you must understand that for a four-year-old, wooden ladders do indeed represent a formidable obstacle.) With great care, he climbed until his head just reached the level of the floor outside.

At that point he almost fell right back down. There, on a bed of swan feathers, her feet framing his ears, lay Aunt Leda, snoring and sunbathing naked as a frog, in perfect simulation of the Vitruvian Man in his more athletic mode. At four, such things are inclined to leave an indelible mark upon one’s mind.

And so it was with Botticelli. From then onwards, he saw everything in terms of shells, a condition that stayed with him until the end and gave rise to his most renowned oeuvre: the Birth of Venus. The mermaids saw little of him after that.

© Rob Campbell, 2011"

QED.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:54:22 PM by Rob C » Logged

Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Awesome, just awesome.
I start loving this thread.
I can't remember I had that much fun here the last weeks ....

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
ReplyReply

It beats anything on KR's site for pure entertainment! Bravo, people!

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Scott O.

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
ReplyReply

When you people make recommendations for me to buy really cool equipment that you personally have tested very thoroughly, make sure the button is handy which will link me directly to the vendor.  That way, you can collect the fabulous royalties you deserve for hawking the product in the first place.  After all, I suspect you are supporting the growth of your growing families by getting me to support you by buying the aforementioned really cool equipment that you have decided is the greatest in the history of all photography.

Bryan Conner

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
ReplyReply

I heard a rumor from myself (actually an unidentified voice in my head) just now that one of the large camera manufacturers is developing lens technology based on the X-Ray glasses that we used to read about on the back page of Superman comic books.  The rumored specs are unbelievable.  You can actually read about the technology here  http://tomheroes.com/images/COMICAD%20xray%20glasses.JPG
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:35:06 PM by Bryan Conner » Logged

Rob C

« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
ReplyReply

X-Ray lens technology was investigated way back during WW2 and then abandoned: it didn't work well at all because the moment the target was found, it became invisible because the lens allowed the operator to see right through it - the target, that is, not the lens, though in a sense, you could do that as well, if you were the operator.

That's why Kilroy was brought into play: his alternative methods of snooping became both highly efficient and, ultimately, legendary.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:33:25 AM by Rob C » Logged

Bryan Conner

« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »
ReplyReply

X-Ray lens technology was investigated way back during WW2 and then abandoned: it didn't work well at all because the moment the target was found, it became invisible because the lens allowed the operator to see right through it- the target, that is, not the lens, though in a sense, you could do that as well, if you were the operator.

That's why Kilroy was brought into play: his alternative methods of snooping became both highly efficient and, ultimately, legendary.

Rob C

So, this explains why I am never able to make that perfect capture...it is always disappearing!

Rob C

« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »
ReplyReply

So, this explains why I am never able to make that perfect capture...it is always disappearing!

Happy to have been of service, señor. Now you know to leave sharks' penes alone.

Sadly, this song will never sound the same to me again...

http://youtu.be/EzahOCCt78o

Rob C

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad