Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Spectraview calibration problem  (Read 742 times)
weberpoint

« on: February 17, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »
ReplyReply

I have two NEC displays (A PA271 and an older LCD2690WUXi).  I use the NEC MDSVSensor to calibrate both.  I am using the same calibration targets (D65, Gamma 2.2, 120 cd/m2) for both.  The problem is that after (multiple) calibration(s), the 2690 displays colors significantly differently from the PA271.  The difference, as far as I can determine, is primarily a higher saturation and intensity in the RED channel.  The display does not have a red tint - it is just that the reds are more "candy apple" while the PA271 is more "blood red".  I have eye-balled both units displaying an image of the X-Rite Color Checker Passport against the real thing and the PA271 is spot on.  Repeated re-calibrations of both units result in the same results.  This has been the case since I bought the PA271.  I feel like I'm wearing two watches.

The PA271 has 2404 hrs and the 2690 has 13197 hrs.  I use 52-step calibration. The puck is plugged into the USB port on the PA271.

I was hoping that someone might have a clue as to what could be causing these differences.  What could I be doing wrong? Driving me nuts.

Thanks.
digitaldog

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Alter one or the other target calibration for a visual match (you’ll probably have to alter the PA271). Setting the two to the same targets obviously isn’t working for you, what else can you do? 

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad