Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Life and Death  (Read 656 times)
AJMorris

« on: March 03, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
ReplyReply

This image was made in June, Kodiak Alaska. I liked the contrast of the bleached stump and the living green landscape. I wanted to preserve the details of the texture of the stump so i literally set up the tripod on top of the stump and angled the camera down enough to capture the stump and some sky. Standing on the stump gave me a higher vantage point which allowed me to include the emerald and gold grass in the composition as well. The Summers here are beautiful when the weather cooperates.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the Earth are never alone or weary of life" - Rachel Carson
www.NaturesLightandMagic.com
jalcocer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
ReplyReply

really nice shot, the mountains and the sky really caught me
Isaac

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Something about the photo just looks weird to me - those strangely dark patches in the left-hand clouds seem too small a thing to cause that feeling, but it's still difficult to put the feeling into words.

It's almost as though the light in the mid-ground/background is from a different direction than the light in the foreground -- the mid-ground/background shadows seem too dark compared to parts of the foreground. Oh well.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad