I'm new to this forum and will start with a problem
I'm owner of a Z3100 (Q5669A) which I bought already used here in France. For 1
year I had no problem with it but now I was stroked by the famous error code 08:11.
I read already some posts here and tried already different things:
- changed the backup battery
- put in and out again the formatter
- changed the PSU
but no joy.
Things that I noticed:
- The HDD (WD40 Scorpio 40GB) seems to be ok. It starts and you can see the LED flackering unregular.
- The bar on the top display stays at 0%
- the fan of the PSU is NOT running at all
- the red LED on the mainboard is on
- sometimes there was a beep at start - but most of the restarts not
What I would like to know is:
if you start your Z3100 on the backside, does the fan of the PSU/Mainboard start
immidiately? I do not remember that.
If the mainboard (not the formatter!) is broken, can you see anything on the
Can you exchange the formatter by any other formatter of the Z31x/21x-series?
Do I still need a HP technician to initialse the new formatter?
has anyone tried to connect the HDD to a normal PC/notebook?
Any other known sources for the fail 08:11?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Greetings from Paris