Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: for sale : phase one mount P45+ mint 304 actuations ! demo  (Read 4678 times)
smallpicture

« on: April 13, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi

on sale a new P45+ bought a year ago ( march 2011 ), i didn't really use it, as my project didn't happen Sad i wanted to shoot it with the back, but as it has been delayed i prefer to sale the back now and see later !

it came from DDI, see the invoice ( price is in pounds ! ) . I'm asking 9000 euros ( = 12 000 usd ) + shipping cost & paypal fees . I'm based in Paris, France . I would prefer to sale it in Europe due to custom fees, but i can consider to ship it to US . What you see in the picture is what you'll get ! I'm 100% ebay seller

http://feedback.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=smallpicture&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=200

the back has been tested by phase one at the conference in Paris in February 2012 where they exhbited the new IQ models

paypal account & address verified + it would be good to get the buyer on the phone too, as a measure of confidence and security

worth 22 000 usd at samys
http://www.samys.com/p/Digital-Backs/71363/P45+-39-MegaPixel-Digital-Camera-Back-for-Hasselblad-H-Series---Value-Added/6639.html

thank you

laurent
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:48:54 AM by smallpicture » Logged
smallpicture

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
ReplyReply

normally i shoot landscapes, i went to Russia in 2010, i wanted to shoot orphans over there, my project was to go back and see to get authorizations, but it's very difficult to get access to orpahanges .

When i bought the back in 2011 i had the idea to get eveything ready for fall 2011 Sad it didn't happen this way . Originally i wanted to shoo with film 4x5 . But my first trip over there told me, it would be difficult, so i thought about the digital back . that's the story why i bought the back, but i can't keep it now, ven though the quality is great and equal the IQ models = ok, you'll tell me it's a previous model, but at 50/100 iso , the quality is there no difference .

It suits people who shoots portraits, landscapes with a slow and workflow, time to compose and set the lights correctly and so on . for fast shoots there are the dslr !

just to confirm : facebook public page, so you can see pictures made in Russia with an old but reliable minolta md 20mm, acros 100

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Light-on-shadows/107435679314312

cheers Smiley

laurent
flynnyfalcon

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Damn that's a good price.  A few months back, I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat!!!
ciccio

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
ReplyReply

far too expensive...bought used in 2011  Roll Eyes
smallpicture

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
ReplyReply

too expensive, it depends on your use .

The p45+ still helds its value, crop factor 1.1 can shoot sync flash up to 1/800 with df body and schneider lenses = equal H system . You can use it and get after the rebate to get an IQ, as the back is almost unused .

Yes 9000 euros is not cheap, but the back is almost new, -50% the retail price . i'm not in a rush to sell it as the back could be useful later . You don't see often a p45+ in this state on sed market, most of them come from rental studios . See what you want, and can afford , digital medium format cost money . this back could be more useful to someone who would like to work with a reliable back, not outdated, still in use for commercial ads .

Yes it's a bit slow, but even the IQ are not fast capture system, these are not DSLR . People try to mix both, and it's different, not worst or better, each tool for each work, it's just a tool at the end .

it's like for movie production, you can shoot film stock 4perfs with anamorphic lenses, or RED EPIC 5k, or HD with a dslr or GH2, what's your budget, what do you want to achieve . i'm just explaining, people who buy digital medium system are normally people who book highly paid jobs .  Cheers .
flynnyfalcon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
ReplyReply

I find it a great deal  Wink Good luck with the sale.
smallpicture

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
ReplyReply

thanks for the comment . Basically you pay what you want for the tools which seems right for your vision . Some tools are more expensive than others, some are not, it depends on people's use . The price could be high for some people and fair to others, even cheap if you are a booking quite enough assignments to afford to shoot with a digital back . otherwise there is still film for art works, 4x5 to 8x10 still delivers, ESPECIALLY in b&w, imho the best cost effective / reliability and HQ on the results . Digital is good for travelers see Joey L who did a personnal work with a P65+ in Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoiJS7_PlBM

so it depends on people . One of my friend has spent  a HUGE amount of money to shoot his first feature film, super16 film stock ! yes it's crazy for some people, because many think, "well you should shoot it in digital"; the tools don't matter, only the vision with the picture remains . Gear is gear, period, it always need to be updated, service and so on .

So for those who are looking for a fine digital back, especially for landscapes/archi, but also for portraits work and beauty works, this tool suits well all these with a high resolution with capture one software . again in Europe, the back worth brand new 16 000 euros

someone said, "oh the back was bougtht used" = yes it was, as it has been refurbished by Phase one Danemark shipped from DDI and then shipped directly to the first owner who DIDN'T USE IT , he did test it ( 144 actuations ) then sold it as he prefered to get another tool for his art .

this back can be use for my personnal projects and for beauty headshots for my portfolio . I'm not in a rush to sell it, i know what i could get from it . i've put the digital back on sale, because i think i don't use it enough to justify to keep it further more but the money has been spent, so what has been done has been done = no regrets because when i bought it i knew what i was getting .

i've received offer outside Europe, please again, the sale is for Europe buyers + US/Canada + Australia/South Korea/Japan . It's a measure of security, it's not something you buy everyday, and it has to be bough for good reasons which means, if you think with this you'll be a better photgrapher = wrong, the gear doesn't make the picture !

cheers
kdphotography

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
ReplyReply

The P45+ is an exceptional MFDB.  It remains hands-down the best back for long exposures---bar none.  And IMHO, I think this is what sets the P45+ apart in the used MFDB market.  It is a good price for this MFDB.  It's a great work-horse digital back.  I'd love to have one just for the long exposure capability, but just can't justify another MFDB...

Smiley ken

Tony Jay

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
ReplyReply

I would like to marry this back with an ALPA MAX body.

Confirmation on whether this particular back (Phase One mount) would be compatible with ALPA bodies would be good.
I have been to ALPA's website as well as downloaded the P+ manuals from Phase One but it just isn't spelt out. I know that in general Phase One backs are used with ALPA bodies all the time.

Clarification would be useful.

BTW this potential buyer is in Australia.

Regards

Tony Jay
flynnyfalcon

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 10:56:34 PM »
ReplyReply

I use a P45+ on my Cambo WDS and the long exposure capability is superb!  For shooting at dusk, or dawn, with centre filter, stopped down, exposure time is counted in the minutes.  There is no competitor to the P45+. 
smallpicture

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 04:02:45 AM »
ReplyReply

the p45+ can be used with the alpa max , there's a plate with mamiya 645 afd available .

I've mounted the back on a sinar p with the flex adapter and RZ proIID, that's why i didn't go for the DF system, AF is not a must for me and i could get higher sync speed 1/400 with the RZ for portraits .

1/800 could be nice in some cases, but i could live without, limitations push creativity Smiley

true about the unique type about the p45+ . That' why i got it, as i thought it will be a great value, same about the old but reliable 1ds mark3, if iso is not a must . In film time, iso coudln't exceed 3200 ! and that was for special conditions ..... time has changed . For those who are concerned about resale value, the back will keep a good value for the next 3 years ;  time to phase one to launch a new serie of backs . At the conference, i was expecting more about the IQ line . Basically the screen, is good but not a must, again, i don't see shooting an assignment not tethered, what would be great would be = to get a WIRELESS connexion on a mac, and i'm not talking about the capture one option with the ipad, but a true connexion on an ipad or macbook pro . That would be great !!!!
design_freak

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:05 AM »
ReplyReply

9000 Euros for 39 mpix Huh
For landscape photographers is great deal !!! This is perfect equipment for long exposure.
For others photographers -  I don't think so Smiley
As we can see this market is not good now. In normal situation - you will sell it in few hours.
To all potential buyers: what are you waiting for?

Best regards,
DF

-------------------------------------------
WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
-------------------------------------------
smallpicture

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »
ReplyReply

again it depends on people, before getting the back i was wondering with the hasselblad cfv 39, aptus II 7 (33M), and the p40+ . I took the p45+ because of the long exposure option + the fact of 1.1 crop factor which is minimal was a good option to me . Leaf was nice, but 33m was short to me, and i don't like the touch screen, prefer the old buttons, the p40+ was nice, but the crop factor wasn't good to me, especially for landscapes/archi works, and the cfv was appealing, but it seemed to me that phase one was way above hasselblad in term of digital back technology, the capture one software is the real advantage, for post production it's great, great, great ( but i still prefer my enlarger, even with the long and painful process0 Smiley

The price difference with the p65+ wasn't justified . the size of pixels and so on + all the techs specifications you can get on phase one website, made me bought this tool . i'm not a machine gun shooter, for portraits i like to talk with people and i like classic posing, like in the dutch paintings or Murillo paintings . I like to set lights, sometimes continuous lights blend of HMI fresnels, so i can freeze motion if needed, rarely the case Smiley it takes time to build a portfolio , the workflow ends better to me in film, and i feel closer to photography as well, instead of spending time in front of a computer .

so again it depends on your style of photography, vision . thanks
ciccio

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »
ReplyReply

too expensive Shocked far too expensive  today you can have a lot more for the same price and new it cost

less than
13 000   and price is going down !
Pics2

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »
ReplyReply

too expensive Shocked far too expensive  today you can have a lot more for the same price and new it cost

less than
13 000   and price is going down !
I think it's not fair to put this kind of comments in FS forum. The guy is selling his equipment for whatever price he wants. It's up to him and the buyer to make a deal, if you don't like it just leave it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:43:12 PM by Pics2 » Logged
smallpicture

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
ReplyReply

hi Smiley

thanks for the comment . i don't know where you can get a p45+ brand new for this price, but in UK and in France the price is still high, even refurbished . If you can get this price well, just buy it . Again i'm not in a rush to sell it, i know the capacity of this tool, i saw at the phase one conference what i could get which actually surprised me, as i was considering a trade for an IQ, but i feel more going back to shoot film these days, even digital is great, i'm not going on useless talks about what is better . What makes your vision creative is what matters .

just to say, i can afford to keep the back, it's been paid . But maybe it would be better to someone who wish to use this back for fine art projects or commercial works and use it instead of staying "at home" . That's why i'm selling it . Gear comes and goes . I usually keep what i use, if i don't use it, what would it keep it . maybe the price is too high for some people, and it's alright , one has the right to think this way, it's a free country, well at least here in France Smiley I know the value, and by saying this, i'm not talking about money, i'm talking about what i can get from this tool for photography works, i can save time, and time is the most valuable thing we all have, compare to film, digital save time, for some people money, but to me, it just save time, so i can jump on another project, story, and share it, and express something . Of course, there will be better digital devices in the future, but for what i want to do, it's fine

there's a workshop done by creativeLIVE, about the vision ( the title is vision driven ) i invite everyone to watch it, it's inspiring, and give many good advices, nice views about what is photography, and communicate with images

what remains is the pictures and the memories of the time spent at a moment, not the name of the gear !

have a great week end everyone
diogosousa

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Is the 45+ still for sale? Is it V mount?
retoschlatter

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 04:27:23 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi is it still on sale?
colorspace.am

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Is the 45+ still for sale? Is it V mount?
it says 'phase one mount' in the title - so Mamiya/m/m645
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad