I wonder if you wouldn't mind answering another question for me. I wish to upload photos from my Nikon D700 photos via image capture on my Mac computer. However I do not wish to import them immediately into Lightroom. Would you know or perhaps someone may know how I can set up a folder on my desktop?
One of the reasons for this is that I have inadvertently took photos in raw+jpeg and would like to delete the jpeg files completely before importing to computer hard drive/ pictures folder /Lightroom
What I would do is:
1. Connect your camera/memory card and open Image Capture
2. Select the files that you want to import
3. Set the destination folder (can be located on your desktop)
When you're ready to import your images in Lightroom
5. Drag the folder onto the Lightroom icon (either in the Dock or in the Application folder)
6. The LR import dialog will be displayed
7. Perform the import in Lightroom using the different parameters
Please, note that when you copy the files using Image Capture, you can either use a new folder on each import session or always copy the files into the same folder. In that case, when later importing in Lightroom you can select that folder (library module, left column) and use the Synchronize Folder command (it would replace point 5).