Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Why does Adobe hate non-Americans so much?  (Read 11958 times)
jeremypayne
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 07:15:37 AM »
ReplyReply

Experts in "finance and economics" have brought us to the pond of shit above which we are currently suspended or even partially immersed

Actually ... the assholes that "crashed the bus" aren't experts in finance and economics ... they are a bunch of cowboy alpha males who thought it made more sense to hire a bunch of physicists and mathematicians to run the banking industry ...
jeremypayne
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »
ReplyReply

The funny thing is that I keep hearing economists telling us that we need population growth to help the economy grow. Are we now to supposed to think that we need economic growth because the population is growing?

You got that backwards, kid.

jeremypayne
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2012, 07:34:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Your only "skill" is trying to upset the members?

... and yours is commentary on other people's discussions ... whatever, "stamper" ... if that IS your real name ...
stamper

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
ReplyReply

... and yours is commentary on other people's discussions ...

That's why we are all here? Only some are less personal than others? Smiley

Rob C

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Actually ... the assholes that "crashed the bus" aren't experts in finance and economics ... they are a bunch of cowboy alpha males who thought it made more sense to hire a bunch of physicists and mathematicians to run the banking industry ...

I see; so where do the real experts reside in the scheme of things? Are they amongst the chaps supposedly governing the financial controls put in place to protect us from the alpha cowboys? Are they rubbing shoulders with the Ivy League ivory tower crowd pontificating in front of a bunch of almost-growns in some expensive retreat with nice architecture? Do they perhaps hang around in Oxford or Cambridge doing much the same? Are they the talking suits looking unbelievably wise in the money programmes on tv, perchance?

Odd how so many folks vanish into thin air (or change job-description) when it comes to allocating blame; unfortunately, being able to allocate it wouldn't solve a lot in this current mess - I guess it's just too late.

Rob C

RSL

« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Unfortunately, Jeremy to the contrary notwithstanding, the term "experts in finance and economics" is an oxymoron.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:20:22 PM by RSL » Logged

Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Economists are no more responsible for economic crises than criminologist are responsible for crime, or meteorologists for tornados.

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
RSL

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Depends, Slobodan, whether or not they're embedded in the government where, in fact, they can, and do, do harm.

kencameron

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Within PS6, the main things I do are play around with Curves, Colour Temperature, Layers (lots of them, even with Cellpix! – probably most of all with Cellpix), print using the Adobe 1998 space, upload to Internet using that sRGBIEC1966-2 space (thanks again for having had the patience to guide me through all of that stuff – over and over again!) and that’s about it, but I would like to be able to correct verticals a little bit without having to go to the expense of buying T/S lenses that I know will never earn me a cent. Unfortunately, PS6 doesn’t allow that correction – AFAIK! I also want to be able to add text here and there.
I have no idea if Lightroom does all that or not.
Lightroom does curves (sort of), colour temperature and tint, printing using the profile of your choice, various kinds of internet upload with lots of plugins available, and, in its latest version, quite nice vertical and other distortion correction - see the attached screen. It doesn't do layers although you can get a free "plugin" called Perfect Layers that allows you to do layers out of it (sort of).  Adverse comments on DPreview aren't always a sound guide to quality. Lightroom is free to try and not that expensive to make into an honest woman. No, I don't work for Adobe.

michael
Administrator

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2012, 08:07:17 AM »
ReplyReply

OK folks, I think we're done here.

Michael
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad