Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: YouTube Interview with Ove Bengtson, Product Manager Hasselblad H System.  (Read 4103 times)
Dustbak

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Keith

You say you know who was doing this interview. Obviously it was a guy named "Nick" as Mr. Bengtson called him like this in the beginning. The accent of the guy was british I´d say.
I think it was somebody who knows Mr. Bengtson quite well and because of this was doing a very direct way of "interrogation" but with the full consent of Mr. Bengtson.
I believe they both know each other quite well and were working through a catalogue of questions that had been defined by both and there was no surprise whatsoever.
I would not be surprised if "Nick" is a colleague from Hasselblad.

Smiley

Greetings from Lindenberg
Stefan

Nick is not a Hasselblad employee. Obviously both had a good time doing this interview and probably a big laugh afterwards. Surely a stab at the aggressive idiotic crap HB has to put up with on various fora on a daily basis. I think a humoristic way of answering some questions and setting some misconceptions straight.

It is a shame, the interviewer did not ask why Hasselblad is not doing tests with Elephants and SUV's...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:34:18 AM by Dustbak » Logged
KLaban

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 03:38:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I can confirm that the interviewer is not a Hasselblad employee.

Reactions to this video have fallen into two camps, those who get the humorous approach and those who don't.

This was a casual and fun discussion between acquaintances. The sincerity and immediacy of Ove Bengtson's unscripted replies were far more telling than they would have been in a more formal ‘corporate’ interview. 

design_freak

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 03:00:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Nick-T Huh

Best regards,
DF

-------------------------------------------
WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
-------------------------------------------
mtomalty

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »
ReplyReply

The accent of the interviewer actually sounds more New Zealand 'ish' than Australian and
the Hass rep definitely,in my opinion, knows what to expect with respect to the questions

Mark
ondebanks

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »
ReplyReply

I would not be bothered at all by using all tools now available, including software correction, to achieve those good results.

Yeah, but my problem with that approach is that you are tied into using certain software packages to effect those corrections - and indeed, to create the correction metadata at all, you're tied into capturing with certain bodies/sensors and file formats, as the Leica S2 adapter question highlights.

I'd much prefer a traditional lens design that delivers "best compromise" or "balanced aberrations" imaging, rather than one which deliberately permits high levels of certain abberrations or distortion on the assumption that THE software will subsequently clear it all up.

No lens is perfect and there is a role for software in improving all of their images, but the best possible optical raw image should be the starting point.

Ray
t3hh

Marek T3hh

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »
ReplyReply

I really liked the video. I'm not hasselblad user but it addressed some interesting problems in the ecosystem of medium format photography. It's refreshing to see two photo experts talking about digital photography without focusing on sensors and megapixels. It's fascinating to think about the turn towards fuji lenses as for me this is one of the most innovative lens developers in our times (no offense zeiss) that has lens portfolio that consists lenses for large format cameras, medium format slr AND rangefinder (645,660,670,680,690), 35mm slr, digital apsc (with and without mirror) and compact cameras.

Other interesting fenomen mentioned was digital post processing that is build in to the modern cameras. This is something that is happening one or other way in every digital format and development of the sensors is happening together with the development of the digital processing power of cameras. Every digital body is a small computer these days. Every picture that comes "right from the camera" today is a combination of the environment (object), our skills, the quality of lens/cameras and the digital post processing. It's almost ironic that with every digital camera that I use has a growing set of functions that I have to disable from the start because there are too many things that camera is doing for me (and without asking). For me it makes more and more appealing to shoot film and set everything manually.

I did enjoy the demonstration of camera body and where something is made in. It was hilarious because thats the reality of many brand-camera users: most important thing in their photography is the fact where their hassy or leica is made in.

It's funny that most of the comments here are about the aggressive style of the interview. Why it's so important? Many discussions in this forum are way more aggressive then this. Instead of appreciating the content you criticize the author for it's style? Not the smartest thing to do in my scale. But then again, it's just me. I liked it and pleas post more things like this!
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad