Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Solux bulbs  (Read 10620 times)
Andrew Makiejewski

« on: June 05, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »
ReplyReply

First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

Thanks, Andrew.

Capture the moment.
bjanes

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

A dimmer will lower the color temperature of any incandescent bulb. Ideally, one should use a voltage regulator for critical work. If you want to vary the intensity of the light, you could try a full spectrum fluorescent bulb with a dim able electronic ballast.

Bill
digitaldog

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:38 PM »
ReplyReply

You can dim them, no problem if you have the right dimmer (something that the MR16 lamps can handle, not all will). As Bill says, it will alter the color. I had some on a dimmer from Lutron.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
alain

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
ReplyReply

First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Thanks, Andrew.

I do remember that there are special neutral density filters from dedolight.  they are probable also usable for solux bulb's. 
Andrew Makiejewski

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks to all for your replies. I guess I will use a dimmer strictly to see how the image will look in an area that is that not too well lit.

Andrew

Capture the moment.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad