Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Will there be a new H5D at the Photokina?  (Read 22118 times)
Pingang

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »
ReplyReply

In this case my imagination is that Hasselblad does not need to look too much further, in fact, make a camera like SONY NEX-7 (as example, or like those m4/3 cameras) - that can accept a larger range of lenses BUT with a larger sensor, and then let the user produce result by their creativity.  I use my SONY NEX-7 like a self-contained digital backs on many shots (OK, mostly for fun), but then if it is a 36X48 CMOS sensor that can capture excellent still, 4K video (in case needed), all the possible setting on a single camera body - and can accept proprietary lenses as well as market lenses, it would be much much bigger business and mor eprofitable than a H platform carried over decades of old medium format set up.
The photogrpahy world has contantly change over time, with the resolution of today's best sensor, I am using iPhone to do what i did before with film P&S candid, my G12 is more like the old day Contax T3 for serious P&S candid, then my NEX-7 is working like my old Leica M, my Cnaon and Nikon FF DSLR is doing the job used to be medium format, and my digital backs (Phase, Hasselblad and Sinar) - although still on medium format body - is like those large format cameras of the old day, I can't imagine I would need a camera with even larger sensor if digital stitching continue to evolve.
I do no think Hasselblad can survive long time or even a decade as a medium format only supplier and I don't think a H5D will help change that. But a newer camera concept to approach to greater audience will do.

Pingang

Hi Eric
Sorry. Maybe I'm nor making myself very clear but I am talking about the Camera as a whole and not just when the back is on a view camera. I use the back on the body and on the view camera. I would like to use those tools as would many on the body and on the view camera.
KLaban

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »
ReplyReply

But a newer camera concept to approach to greater audience will do.

Hasselblad have said they intend to target a wider audience.

Quentin

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:21 AM »
ReplyReply

The Mamiya ZD camera was an excellent concept let down by some issues like shadow noise in underexposed images and a poor rear screen.  But I had one and it handled well and delivered good results.  How about a Hassy equivalent, an all-in-one MF camera at a "value" price point, or maybe a MF rangefinder?

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
ReplyReply

Sure I think a more reasonably priced camera to lure Canon and Nikon users could be a good idea. Mind you the D800 has taken such a leap forward that a more affordable Hasselblad may not be able to compete. If the argument is that Hasselblad is a different beast for a different user than Hasselblad really need to walk the walk. I am a professional photographer and if I was starting up and choosing a new camera system between a D800 and a H4D 40 I would really need some convincing. Yes I sometimes use the back on the view camera and that would be the main selling point so as to to get the increased movements over DSLR tilt/shift lenses, but I'm not a wealthy amateur who can just buy any camera at any price. We are in the middle of a huge recession (much more so in Ireland than in the States Sad) However I am not a very good business man and I am doing what I do purely because I love it. Cheesy I made a lot of sacrifices to invest 50,000 plus in my camera set up. I would like to upgrade my MF camera but only when the upgrade makes sense. There are features on a H3D and H4D which are lacking that affects professionals workflow significantly or affects what is achievable compared to Phase One, Leaf, Canon Nikon whatever. (I'm talking on or off the body.) Sure the sensor can be improved to bring it in line with the newer Phase One and Leaf backs but it's the tools which would improve day to day that would make me upgrade. After all time is money. Smiley

KLaban

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
ReplyReply

How about a Hassy equivalent, an all-in-one MF camera at a "value" price point, or maybe a MF rangefinder?

Quentin, I'd be surprised if one of these wasn't announced at Photokina.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:11:40 PM by KLaban » Logged

arionelli

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
ReplyReply

I actually wonder where all these 2nd hand cameras go which they take when upgrading. They even offer an upgrade price on their competitors cameras. WHEEEEERE DO THEEEEEY GO?

I was talking to the Hasselblad dealer nearest to where I live some months back, and, in answer to your question, he said that there is a kind of "priority arrangemant" with dealers in China and India, who take all that they can get. May or may not be hearsay, but that's what he told me.
K.C.

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
ReplyReply

May or may not be hearsay...

Unsubstantiated is the definition of hearsay.
arionelli

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Unsubstantiated is the definition of hearsay.

OK then let me say that this is unsubstantiated...merely relaying what I was told, see no reason to disbelieve him, could actually care less.
design_freak

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »
ReplyReply

HASSELBLAD website does not work ...
Any new products ?  Wink
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:38:23 AM by design_freak » Logged

Best regards,
DF

-------------------------------------------
WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
design_freak

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »
ReplyReply

unfortunately  Sad

Best regards,
DF

WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
FredBGG

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Hasselblad have said they intend to target a wider audience.

Hasselblad logo on a Fuji rangefinder....

It's happened before Wink
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes, and it was a good one!

Best regards
Erik

KLaban

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
ReplyReply

If you mean another collaboration between Hasselblad and Fuji then yes, please.

vampire

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
ReplyReply

My guess would be an H4D-II, same camera body, with updated digital backs and a new optional vertical grip. I have an H4x and I don't see much room for improvement with that body.
heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
ReplyReply

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hasselblad-with-big-announcement-on-spetember-18th-it-is-the-almost-medium-format-mirrorless-camera/
abiggs

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »
ReplyReply

I seriously doubt Hasselblad will have any new cameras out that are unrelated to the current H body. I bet Hasselblad will have an updated digital back offering, at best. It takes years of development and a TON of money to develop a new product from scratch, and I just don't see Hasselblad as having the resources to go that direction.

Andy Biggs
http://www.andybiggs.com
Africa Photo Safaris | Workshops | Fine Art Prints
hasselbladfan

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »
ReplyReply

They have deep pockets now, since they have been taken over by a private-equity firm.

They announced publicly they are working on selling cameras to a wider audience than MF alone.

See their press announcement :
Specifically, the medium-format camera maker is now part of the Switzerland- and Germany-based private equity firm's Ventizz Capital Fund IV, the companies said today. The firm will provide new capital for a growth strategy, Ventizz said.
"We are proud to have such an iconic brand in our portfolio and are convinced that with solid financial support and a suitable growth strategy, Ventizz can further strengthen Hasselblad's position as the first-class producer of medium-format digital camera systems. Furthermore, we plan to develop Hasselblad cameras to appeal to a wider circle of ambitious photographers," said Helmut Vorndran
Pingang

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »
ReplyReply

I am also a long term Hasselblad owner and user and by no means want to see the brand fade away.  But private equity is often run by accountant, not visionary, that worries me.
I would say a really modern body capable of using all CF, CFi, CFE, FE, H and HCD would be grea, if price is good.
Or a smaller sensor camera to mass market would probably work!

Pingang

They have deep pockets now, since they have been taken over by a private-equity firm.

They announced publicly they are working on selling cameras to a wider audience than MF alone.

See their press announcement :
Specifically, the medium-format camera maker is now part of the Switzerland- and Germany-based private equity firm's Ventizz Capital Fund IV, the companies said today. The firm will provide new capital for a growth strategy, Ventizz said.
"We are proud to have such an iconic brand in our portfolio and are convinced that with solid financial support and a suitable growth strategy, Ventizz can further strengthen Hasselblad's position as the first-class producer of medium-format digital camera systems. Furthermore, we plan to develop Hasselblad cameras to appeal to a wider circle of ambitious photographers," said Helmut Vorndran
abiggs

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Hasselblad actually needs a head of R&D to actually be able to develop new product lines from scratch, and at the moment my understanding is that they don't have such a resource.

Andy Biggs
http://www.andybiggs.com
Africa Photo Safaris | Workshops | Fine Art Prints
hasselbladfan

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Prognosis was right.

But I guess we would hoped for more revolution then evolution.

Anyway, let's enjoy what we get at the Photokina.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad