Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hardware Calibratable Monitor Recommendation  (Read 1287 times)
mike_n

« on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a hardware calibratable‎ monitor, e.g. NEC Multisync Spectraview 301W or Eizo ColorEdge CG275W. Will be doing mainly video (REC 709) and photo editing as well as graphic design.

I looked at different models and some reviews but I would prefer real-life experience from experts and users here. Some say the NEC Spectraview compete with the Eizo's, at a cheaper price.... would you agree ? Is Lacie still comparable to NEC or Eizo ?

Also, what is the main difference (downside or advantage) between the NEC Spectraview 301 and the NEC Multisync 301 ?

Thanks for all your input and recommendations !

- M
mike_n

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »
ReplyReply

NEC sales got back to me, in the US the NEC Multisync series with the calibration kit (e.g. PA301W-BK-SV) is what is called the NEC Spectraview Reference series in Europe... so the kit is the only difference between the two...

- M
digitaldog

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Some say the NEC Spectraview compete with the Eizo's, at a cheaper price.... would you agree ?
 Is Lacie still comparable to NEC or Eizo ?

Agreed and no. In fact LaCie makes very little of anything but rather slaps their labels on stuff they buy from OEM’s.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
francois

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
ReplyReply

…In fact LaCie makes very little of anything but rather slaps their labels on stuff they buy from OEM’s.

And having dealt with their support (in Europe) on many occasions, I can say that I will never again purchase or recommend LaCie products.

I also understand that LaCie has been (or is being) acquired by Seagate (link)

Francois
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad