Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Why no lens correction profiles ...  (Read 4957 times)
PeterAit

« on: June 24, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »
ReplyReply

...for Lumix or Olympus lenses? These are hardly obscure, off-market brands!

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
michael
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
ReplyReply

They are embedded in the raw files by Olympus and Panasonic cameras. LR knows how to read the info so there is no need for separate profiles.

Michael
Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »
ReplyReply

They are embedded in the raw files by Olympus and Panasonic cameras. LR knows how to read the info so there is no need for separate profiles.

Michael

Hi Michael,

thank you very much - this is a most interesting information !

Does this belong to all combination of G-cameras and lenses - so also the older GH-2 ?

Best wishes

Robert

'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '
madmanchan

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40:23 AM »
ReplyReply

All Micro Four-Thirds models.

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Many thanks - that's really good news !

Robert

'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '
mac_paolo

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
ReplyReply

So what about Fujifilm Finepix X10?
I'm just a bit scared thinking about the hundreds of snaps I should take to properly generate a lens correction profile…  Undecided
deejjjaaaa

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:27 PM »
ReplyReply

and P&S too...
ario

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
ReplyReply

And Fuji X1-Pro too.
ario

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Does this belong to all combination of G-cameras and lenses - so also the older GH-2 ?

Best wishes

Robert
Distortion correction is available for any m4/3 lens-camera combination (Olympus and Panasonic), lateral CA is only supported for Panasonic camera+ Panasonic lens.
madmanchan

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
ReplyReply

We also support distortion, lateral CA, and vignette (peripheral illumination) correction for recent Fuji models, including the X10, X-S1, and X-Pro1. 

Generally, Adobe has been actively working with all the vendors to try to support all metadata-based (i.e., parameter-driven) lens corrections.  This is sometimes not possible for third-party or manual lenses, so in those cases we often have design-based external lens profiles made (e.g., for lenses from Carl Zeiss, Hasselblad, Leica, Pentax, Phase One/Schneider, Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina).

mac_paolo

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:43:55 AM »
ReplyReply

We also support distortion, lateral CA, and vignette (peripheral illumination) correction for recent Fuji models, including the X10, X-S1, and X-Pro1. 
Eric, I just double checked on an X10 photo. Under "Lens Correction" panel the one and only Fujifilm camera listed is X100.
Are those other ones planned for a 4.2 update? I'm buying the X10 in a week or two: I'd really love to have the lens correction support on LR Smiley
meyerweb

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Well, all Olympus and Panasonic branded m43 lenses. The 2 Sigma m43 lenses do not contain embedded lens correction data. I'm not certain about the various manual focus m43 mount lenses sold by companies like Voightlander, SLR Magic, Rokinon, etc.

Also note that Panasonic lenses mounted on Panasonic cameras also embed CA correction data in the EXIF. No Olympus lens, and no lens mounted on an Olympus body, provides this information.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad