Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Michael Reichmann, ETTR and Oly OMD EM5  (Read 23239 times)
Vladimirovich

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2013, 04:24:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the clarification. What I meant to say was, when shooting EM5 at max ISO 400 and using ETTR, I will have more highlight headroom than shooting at ISO800 or ISO1600, with the benefit of reducing shadow noise on the RAW files. Is this understanding correct?

yes... but practically w/ Sony sensor in EM5 (beyond the tests, which are correct indeed) I doubt that you need to bother w/ ISO400 - just stay at lowest ISO and use maximum exposure (time and aperture) possible in your situation and that 's it... real life scene w/ real life converters - you will not notice that gain in shadows.
digitalphotographer

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »
ReplyReply

yes... but practically w/ Sony sensor in EM5 (beyond the tests, which are correct indeed) I doubt that you need to bother w/ ISO400 - just stay at lowest ISO and use maximum exposure (time and aperture) possible in your situation and that 's it... real life scene w/ real life converters - you will not notice that gain in shadows.

I know this is a thread about EM5, but recently I also acquired an RX1R as a second camera, would you also suggest shooting at base ISO for the 24MB FF too? Or is RX1R resembling the D800 more, ie going "ISOless" at higher range?
Vladimirovich

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »
ReplyReply

I know this is a thread about EM5, but recently I also acquired an RX1R as a second camera, would you also suggest shooting at base ISO for the 24MB FF too? Or is RX1R resembling the D800 more, ie going "ISOless" at higher range?
see the graphs of DxOMark tests... like w/ EM5 the tests will suggest to go one stop higher (if you do not risk to clip anything important to you)... will you see the end result (which is indeed there, test numbers wise) ? try yourself
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad