Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: "A Place of Knowledge" Saintes, France  (Read 1294 times)
JohnAONeill

« on: July 28, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Image captured on Sony Nex 7 with Kit lens on my recent trip to Saintes France. C&C welcome. Interested in peoples views on post production etc.

Thanks for looking

John
kikashi

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Image captured on Sony Nex 7 with Kit lens on my recent trip to Saintes France. C&C welcome. Interested in peoples views on post production etc.

I think I like it. I'm pretty sure I'd like it more if the bottom third or so were cropped off; I see (I believe) what you're trying to do but for me, there's just too much lead-in.

Jeremy
JohnAONeill

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Jeremy. Interesting perspective. I think I will re-visit in post and compare versions.

Cheers
John
Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I think I like it. I'm pretty sure I'd like it more if the bottom third or so were cropped off; I see (I believe) what you're trying to do but for me, there's just too much lead-in.

Jeremy

I have to agree, interesting, but the perspective feels uncomfortable some how.

Dave

Fine Art Photography on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
Rob C

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
ReplyReply

I have to agree, interesting, but the perspective feels uncomfortable some how.

Dave

Dave, had you a Hassy 500 series you'd have learned to love that perspective, as so many of us have. However, I'm perfectly willing to accept that some might have and have not. I did and did.

;-)

Rob C

churly

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »
ReplyReply

This is a nice shot.  I like it as it is.  To me the slightly uncomfortable perspective and the glare abstracts the people and opens up more possibilities.  A crop would move it toward the mundane by making the mildly interesting people a comfortable focal point. 

Chuck Hurich
RSL

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
ReplyReply

I've been struggling with this one all day, and each time I come back to it I like it better than the time before. I've about come to the conclusion that the floor-level perspective is what makes the picture. I think I'd put the copyright notice at the lower right, and tone it way, way down, but I certainly wouldn't crop it. Any crop I can think of would make it an entirely different picture. Good shooting, John.

JohnAONeill

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Russ

Appreciate your thoughts and thank you for taking the time to reply!

Cheers
john
JohnAONeill

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
ReplyReply

This is a nice shot.  I like it as it is.  To me the slightly uncomfortable perspective and the glare abstracts the people and opens up more possibilities.  A crop would move it toward the mundane by making the mildly interesting people a comfortable focal point. 

Thanks for the reply Churly. Appreciate your comments!

John
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad