Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences  (Read 233802 times)
Foveonic

« Reply #520 on: December 08, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
ReplyReply

http://www.saeki.co.kr/brand/M_List.asp?APP=N&Product_no=0106

http://www.saeki.co.kr/brand/m_view.asp?APP=N&Product_no=0105060024

Check this site out.  Can't figure out the price or how to order.......Looks like 3rd party Sigma of Japan..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:38:17 AM by Foveonic » Logged
uaiomex

« Reply #521 on: December 09, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm afraid this is not going to happen, at least not in this decade. But we can expect a FF Foveon sensor in a few years and that folks is going to shake some foundations. Not broadcasting the end of digital medium format because there will always be enough people to sustain the most expensive toys. China now has officially 100,000 millionaires and this is just the beginning. In the mean time I remained as broke as always. That's why I'm glad the Foveon technology is maturing. Kudos to Sigma for this and for their latest developments in glass design. For over 30 years, this is the first time I'm turning my eyes to this brand.
Eduardo

If only Phase or Hasselblad would licence the Foveon sensor technology fopr digital MF, and make a full frame 645 sensor in the quality, it would blow everyone's socks off, all over again.
nandadevieast

« Reply #522 on: December 10, 2012, 04:21:17 AM »
ReplyReply

nice pictures...

here're a few of mine....shot with a month old DP2M...

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:22:51 AM by nandadevieast » Logged
mezzoduomo

« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2012, 07:02:16 AM »
ReplyReply

A test at the close focus limit.  First one: Right out of SPP as a 16 bit tiff, second one is the tiff converted to b&w and cropped in Aperture.
ISO 200. F 7.1, 1/50.

Hulyss

« Reply #524 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »
ReplyReply

What I see since some pages please me a lot Smiley

For you, here is a link to a shop who craft leather protections for DPm Wink

http://ulysses.jp/products/detail289.html

Kind Regards - www.hulyssbowman.com
rvamos

« Reply #525 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Beautiful photographs! Were these taken hand-held?  What is your experience with street/travel photography with this camera - do you need a tripod or can you work well without one?
NancyP

« Reply #526 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Sigma is apparently using a FF prototype to do quality control evaluation of their newest lens lines, for example, that new 35mm f/1.4 FF lens.
nandadevieast

« Reply #527 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Beautiful photographs! Were these taken hand-held?  What is your experience with street/travel photography with this camera - do you need a tripod or can you work well without one?

hope this question is directed at me...

Rvmos, these were taken in india at various places, all handheld except the colorful one. It may not be as convenient as some other tools for street, but i am positive that it can take great street shots. You don't need a tripod, unless its a planned shot. 
Quentin

« Reply #528 on: December 10, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Kiev, in the snow a few days ago.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9806585/Kiev_city.jpg

Some truly excellent shots recently posted in this thread.  Glad I popped back!

Quentin

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
Quentin

« Reply #529 on: December 10, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Sigma is apparently using a FF prototype to do quality control evaluation of their newest lens lines, for example, that new 35mm f/1.4 FF lens.

Any more on that?  A 30mp or thereabouts Foveon sensor coupled with a DP2M quality prime lens would be a dream come true.  And a nighmare for medium format.

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
Hulyss

« Reply #530 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
ReplyReply

Any more on that?  A 30mp or thereabouts Foveon sensor coupled with a DP2M quality prime lens would be a dream come true.  And a nighmare for medium format.

Not any more on that Smiley

Sigma swapped the old Zeiss MTF machine with proprietary A1 MTF machine who run with the SD1 sensor. FF sensor in this is only pure speculation Smiley

The truth is in my hands and my hands are on a magic keyboard who magically found that  Grin

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2012/09/24/sigmas-system-revolution/

nandadevieast

« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
ReplyReply

hulyss,
is there a work around for long exposures. I have not needed more than couple of seconds yet, but i might. is it possible to have more than 30 sec exposures? for landscapes it is very important feature.
nandadevieast
Quentin

« Reply #532 on: December 11, 2012, 01:45:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Hulyss

Interesting article - it's impressive what Sigma are doing.  Looks like the latest generation of lenses will be excellent.  I hope full frame Foveon follows!

Quentin

Not any more on that Smiley

Sigma swapped the old Zeiss MTF machine with proprietary A1 MTF machine who run with the SD1 sensor. FF sensor in this is only pure speculation Smiley

The truth is in my hands and my hands are on a magic keyboard who magically found that  Grin

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2012/09/24/sigmas-system-revolution/

Hulyss

« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2012, 04:31:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Hulyss

Interesting article - it's impressive what Sigma are doing.  Looks like the latest generation of lenses will be excellent.  I hope full frame Foveon follows!

Quentin

As you can see, there is an edit at the end of the article, and this edit is due to me, poor French photographer. Because I cream the web to seek infos 24/7 about foveon, I ended on this article and related it on a French forum, got it on DpR. At the end of the day I got a mail from my Zeiss/SIGMA dealer asking the SIGMA France CEO wanted to speak to me ... I phoned SIGMA France and got the CEO saying "thank you for what you do for us since years blablabla but ... we suspect you have an insider info from the Japan factory because some things you said should not be said".  Shocked Shocked

I was like ... WTF Huh This is your UK homologue who said that to a blogger at the photokina ... !!! I'm not a spy !!!

They asked me all my personal infos and all the links of my "sources".

For me this was a great insult and I will never do anything to defend SIGMA in France any more. So I ordered to erase accounts and interventions on two French forums, a grand total of 8500 posts roughly SIGMA related only, 3 years of passion. I will now collaborate with SIGMA Japan only.

hulyss,
is there a work around for long exposures. I have not needed more than couple of seconds yet, but i might. is it possible to have more than 30 sec exposures? for landscapes it is very important feature.
nandadevieast

Dear nandadevieast,

The only way to go up than 30sec with a foveon sensor is with SD15 or SD1 Smiley

nandadevieast

« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Hulyss,
will interval timer help in obtaining longer exposure?
don't know how this works, but read somewhere...
Hulyss

« Reply #535 on: December 11, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Hulyss,
will interval timer help in obtaining longer exposure?
don't know how this works, but read somewhere...

I don't think so. Intervalometer will only shoot a frame of maximum 30 sec if you want but not longer.
Anyway, do not heat the foveon; you will lose a lot in IQ with the merrill.

RobbieV

« Reply #536 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
ReplyReply

What an incredible story and dreadful loss Hulyss.
mezzoduomo

« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »
ReplyReply

ISO 200, F 7.1, 1/2000

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #538 on: December 12, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
ReplyReply

As you can see, there is an edit at the end of the article, and this edit is due to me, poor French photographer. I will now collaborate with SIGMA Japan only.

So sorry...I have enjoyed following your "investigations"...your passion for the camera is clear...hope this will sort out well for you...I actually thought they were going to offer to have you work as a rep!

But now , a question...just did the SPP updates on both machines to ver 5.4.1. Forgot to look at my settings before uninstalling ver5.3.4. I seem to be doing what most have found, and following Michael's suggestions for workflow as to Prophoto , output to 16 bit tiffs to designated folder on drive. Something I do not remember setting before was at the bottom of initial preference settings..."use default X3 settings" or "auto" or "last". What are users finding  works best here? Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:19:23 PM by Patricia Sheley » Logged

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
Foveonic

« Reply #539 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Double thick camera skin, Franiec Grip, Voightlander Viewer, Cameta Strap.... The metal grip is wonderful.  It does cover the Sigma moniker, but has a clever Sigma Character stamped on.  The skin really helps the left hand hold on to the camera.  All in all these mods improve the grip and functionality of this hard to hold unit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:10:46 PM by Foveonic » Logged
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad