Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: I'm leaving. A thanks letter.  (Read 7646 times)
KevinA

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Fred,
It's not a political party or a Golf club, you don't have to leave, take part or anything, no subscription needed.
I've liked your help and insight so if you go I will miss the input you give.
Fine if you are too busy then leave it alone until easier times come around.

Kevin.

Kevin.
walter.sk

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »
ReplyReply

For direct and indirect help I received from your postings, I thank you.  I also join the crowd in saying that your presence, even as only a reader, helped define the nature of this forum, so stick around!
ripgriffith

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Booooooooo!!!
What he said, but with more oooooooooooooooos!
Rob C

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Well that explains it! I tried to send you a personal message but it wouldn't fly. Now I know why. (I'm not often on the motion threads.)

I would like to say publicly that I, too, have enjoyed your many posts and, particularly, your personal brand of written English which, whilst not perfect, had always been easy to understand and has had the added benefit of giving me a fresh vocabulary: plateau, for example, had never meant anything to me beyond the purely geographic; now, it has a finer meaning within photography! Merci bien! What you have in abundance, my friend, is personality. I remember at this moment an interview I read with someone speaking about Patrick Demarchelier: the person had asked another person in the group whether Demarchelier spoke English; the person replied: he is speaking English! Having spoken with you, rest assured your English is perfectly good and will never hold you back. Those Scottish ladies must have helped!

Finally, and perhaps the most important contribution from you to me, has been my website. As you well know, I've always been a bit retarded regarding things Internet, and without your introduction, help and guidance through Weebly I'd still be all mouth and no - um - pictures. Thanks for helping me get an identity - for better or for worse!

Take care, good luck, and if you need to look backwards at some time (assisting) don't let pride hold you prisoner: it can be a very bad friend to one.

;-)

Rob
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:13:46 AM by Rob C » Logged

ChristopherBarrett
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Drag, but honestly I find myself coming here less and less as well.  Best of luck Fred, it's been a gas.

CB
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Ne me quitte pas
Il faut oublier
Tout peut s´oublier
Qui s´enfuit déjà
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
A savoir comment
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
A coups de pourquoi
Le cœur du bonheur
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas

A few images online here!
Rob C

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Bernard, are you in  love?

;-)

Rob C

Sareesh Sudhakaran

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Wow..the power of Google translate...

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Bernard, are you in  love?

Smiley

Cheers,
Bernard

A few images online here!
KLaban

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
ReplyReply

I've been away and have only just seen this thread.

Fred, I'm not sure you'll see this, but just to say I'm saddened by your decision to leave. You were like a breath of fresh air.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Keith

Photo Op

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Finally, and perhaps the most important contribution from you to me, has been my website. As you well know, I've always been a bit retarded regarding things Internet, and without your introduction, help and guidance through Weebly I'd still be all mouth and no - um - pictures. Thanks for helping me get an identity - for better or for worse!

;-)

Rob

You might want to read this article before you choose to use that word again!

http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/10/09/14301189-dad-demands-apology-from-ann-coulter-for-using-retarded-as-an-insult

David

David
Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 01:10:06 AM »
ReplyReply

You might want to read this article before you choose to use that word again!...

Ooohhh phleeeease!

There will be no words left soon that someone somewhere won't find offensive. We'll all have to resort to a sign language. Wait... did I just insult people who use sign language?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Bryan Conner

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Ooohhh phleeeease!

There will be no words left soon that someone somewhere won't find offensive. We'll all have to resort to a sign language. Wait... did I just insult people who use sign language?

It depends on the position of the middle finger.   Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad