Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: profile for ceramic inkjet printer  (Read 2153 times)
gak1983

« on: September 02, 2012, 01:55:01 AM »
ReplyReply

i have no experience of color management and profile making. i need urgent help to solve problems.

i just purchased x-rite i1 publish pro2 to make profile for my 6 color ceramic inkjet printer for tiles.

i can make only CMYK profile using i1 publish pro2, i am unable to make  CMYK+2 profile.
after measurement of CMYK+2 chart, when i start  profile making it stuck at 13 % and then error message " can not create profile".

please help me how to make CMYK+2 profile for above machine Huh Huh Huh
digitaldog

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
ReplyReply

IF the driver accepts RGB data (and most do), you'd be far better off profiling using this color model.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
yannb

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

What kind of printer? What are the six colors? If it's CMYK + Light Cyan and Light Magenta, then you should make a CMYK profile if the printer is driven by a RIP. Only in the case of printer that has a RIP in front of it, AND the printer has 6 distinctive primary colors, AND the RIP is accessing each color individually (i.e. a halftone driver), should you make a CMYK+2 profile. In case there's no apparent RIP, and the driver only understand RGB correctly, then you should make an RGB profile.

You could look for profiles that are shipped with your product, and find out if they're CMYK, multichannel (CMYK+n), or RGB profiles.

Regards,
Yann
chets142

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Any Body want to make profile for ceramic tiles can contact me on " kagathara.cb At Hot mail . com"
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad