Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Love those Vehicles!!  (Read 45752 times)
davidh202

« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Mike,

A while back I printed a vintage Fire Engine reflection shot for a client that was absolutely stunning, and always wanted an excuse to try and duplicate the technique.
Just a quick take on your pic, hope you dont mind !?

David
tom b

« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
ReplyReply

From Cooma… Lollys.

Cheers,

Rob C

« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Found this one today at the Yacht Club in Puerto Pollensa; I had a beautiful '74 Humber Sceptre, one of those honeys with the black vinyl roof on an aquamarine body - I think it was the model that followed this version, but anyway, mine was based on the Rootes Arrow body style. Loved the damned thing and never felt more "I've arrived" in anything else.

I kept it for four years from new, and by the end, the sills were rusting and I resorted to the old trick of paintig them black. Traded it for the Fiat X1/9... whish I had that now, in Spain, where it might have lasted longer.

Saw a tv programme last night on UK sports cars; today's writers have a different memory about those things than do I. The E-Type was said to be an 'affordable' sports car at two thousand quid; in those days, there were still very few who found that affordable - they were pretty rare, even then. As part of the nonsense about how wonderful UK sports machines were, they showed a very brief clip of La Dolce Vita where Marcello is in his TR2 (?) on the studio version of Rome's Via Veneto. That was touted as a great plug for the car, but they neglected to say that there were also some very cute Alfas as well as two (at least) gorgeous US convertibles featured. Selective quotations...

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:32:06 PM by Rob C » Logged

Rob C

« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Looking at these pictures as I work on them, I realise just how difficult it is to use a cellphone camera and align it properly: the close-up shots of the front and rear all show a distortion as if shot from the side rather than from the centre-front/rear. I find it impossible to see the screen well enough to correct my position.

It has me wondering if other cameras without viewfinders, such as the Merrill, would involve a similar set of difficulties in framing.

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:55:48 AM by Rob C » Logged

WalterEG

« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
ReplyReply

A Hillman by any other name doth smell as sweet.

Rob C

« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2012, 05:37:35 PM »
ReplyReply

A Hillman by any other name doth smell as sweet.

Hillman Minx; Hillman Hunter; Sceptre: had the three (you could plot my photographic trajectory that way), and they shared probably the best (ergonomically speaking) sitting position I ever found, apart from the Fiat X1/9 and its rather rigid Recaros This evening I went to the weekly jazz fest and, for the very first time, tried using the cellphone (with flash!) in that scene and didn't really find it a pleasure. Why am I surprised? Flash, post D700, seems such an ancient tradition...

Not so oddly but for for some unforseen reason, they broke into a spirited Great Balls of Fire and managed the most rousing applause of the evening! But sadly, these jazz men never care about what the audience enjoys. It was Chuck Berry at the 1958 Newport Jazz festival all over again.

;-)

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
ReplyReply

My father had a Hillman Minx about the time that I was 10.  We had such fun with it, especially going for Bar-B-Qs on isolated country beaches while on holidays.  For me, it was not as much fun as the Austin A-40 Tourer that preceded it by a couple of cars.  I was about 6 I guess and would extend my arms out the side as wings to make it my own Spitfire.  Such silliness was compensation for the absence of running boards to hitch rides to the local shops.

Richowens

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Spotted this one this morning.

Rich

wolfnowl

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Mike,

A while back I printed a vintage Fire Engine reflection shot for a client that was absolutely stunning, and always wanted an excuse to try and duplicate the technique.
Just a quick take on your pic, hope you dont mind !?

David

Nicely done, David!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Rob C

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
ReplyReply

This one, along with the change of weather, deepend my normal, healthy sense of depression a little bit.

Nope, not my car, but I still feel for the poor guy who bottomed the length of the sill trying to look small on a yellow line on a corner...
Would this be a form of street photography, I ask myself, but realise no, it's more a sort of gutter press. I switched the flash on to work, but I don't think it did. If it did, it's far too subtle for me - I didn't see even a tiny flash!

Oh well; goes with the weather.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:32:25 PM by Rob C » Logged

Fips

« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
ReplyReply

A Jordan F1. Michael Schumacher did his very first F1 race in this car.
louoates

« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Never know where or when you'll run into a neat classic car.
wolfnowl

« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:22 AM »
ReplyReply

How did it get there w/o getting dusty?

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
louoates

« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
ReplyReply

A secret Navaho incantation.
seamus finn

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
ReplyReply

In Brisbane:

WalterEG

« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Particular congratulations on the first shot Seamus.

seamus finn

« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Walter - this was in Brisbane too - at the market opposite Queen St. Mall.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:04:41 AM by seamus finn » Logged

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Seamus...this one's a great big smile as I imagine you did on catching it. Especially love the Reg Tag! (Any chance of recovering the highlights?)  

Aside: Wonder if there were any candy apples in the vicinity. We (Etats Unis), have an automotive/bike color "Candy apple red" which is about spot on.

Nice one on several levels...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:28:44 AM by Patricia Sheley » Logged

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
seamus finn

« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Good call, Patricia - forgot about the highglights!! Didn't see any candy apples.

WalterEG

« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
ReplyReply

I have to say my preference is for the original version — the recovered highlights have taken the sparkle and zest from the image.  Just my $0.20˘

Patricia,  No shortage of candy apple red in Oz.  I recently shot a bike that was termed 'Candy Apple Gold'

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad