Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Unable to download LR4 update videos  (Read 2742 times)
Nigel Johnson

« on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:03 AM »
ReplyReply

I am finding it impossible to download the latest Advanced Guide to Lightroom 4 videos or the LR4 Update videos as the download speeds are glacial (or even slower) for example after about 1/2 hour:

- LR4_31.zip 28.9 kB downloaded at 50 bytes/sec (yes bytes not kilobytes) and falling time remaining 42 days and increasing;
- LR4x_01.zip 52.4 kB downloaded 30 days remaining.

Although these figures are for simultaneous downloads (the second video started about 10 min after the first, I have tried to download single videos without success, but did not take note of the speeds.

I have seen slow speeds when new files are posted but nothing like this, although I did report that when you changed your download servers my download speed slightly reduced. I am able to download from other sites without problems and also download the TOCs from the LL product pages almost instantly. I am in London, England using a broadband connection with a download speed in excess of 13 Mbps.

Nigel
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:07:04 AM by Nigel Johnson » Logged
francois

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »
ReplyReply

I am finding it impossible to download the latest Advanced Guide to Lightroom 4 videos or the LR4 Update videos as the download speeds are glacial (or even slower) for example after about 1/2 hour:

- LR4_31.zip 28.9 kB downloaded at 50 bytes/sec (yes bytes not kilobytes) and falling time remaining 42 days and increasing;
- LR4x_01.zip 52.4 kB downloaded 30 days remaining.

Although these figures are for simultaneous downloads (the second video started about 10 min after the first, I have tried to download single videos without success, but did not take note of the speeds.

I have seen slow speeds when new files are posted but nothing like this, although I did report that when you changed your download servers my download speed slightly reduced. I am able to download from other sites without problems and also download the TOCs from the LL product pages almost instantly. I am in London, England using a broadband connection with a download speed in excess of 13 Mbps.

Nigel

Worked fine here!

Francois
Nigel Johnson

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Francois,

Thank you, the videos are obviously on the server(s) and Amazon S3 appears to be working in Europe (at least in Switzerland).

THE DOWNLOADS SEEM TO BE WORKING OK NOW - Obviously a temporary glitch.

Nigel
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:29:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Since I only posted them last night around 10 pm Eastern, it takes even Amazon's servers a few hours to propagate around the world. Glad it's working now.

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
mac_paolo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm downloading them right now. Italy.
Speed is not as consistent as I would have expected, yet it's much faster than original LR4 Guide this summer. Smiley
Josh-H

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:03:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Downloaded both files in 3 mins flat - Melbourne Australia.

Box Brownie

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi

I also bought the "updates" and though the zipped movie eventually downloaded AOK (three attempts with #3) but the #6 with the ToC will not unzipped so appears to be corrupted in some way???  Yes, I can get the pdf off of the main site so just a heads up that that zipped file is mis-behaving  Wink

A collection of mine here http://500px.com/engramphotography
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Many thanks for letting us know. Yes, that Table of Contents zip file was corrupted and has now been replaced

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
StuartOnline

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
ReplyReply

I just downloaded LR4_31 & LR4_32 and all went just fine (US).

Stu
W.T. Jones

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Worked good here in the northeast US about noon. looking at them now

Warren
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad