Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Guanella Pass at Dusk  (Read 1296 times)
MTGFender

« on: September 23, 2012, 07:57:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Georgetown, CO

Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5; Lee GND 0.6

Have a great week!

Pramote
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
ReplyReply

This seems to me to be a bit too much on the blue/cyan side. Love the composition, but colors just don't feel right.

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
francois

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:53 AM »
ReplyReply

This seems to me to be a bit too much on the blue/cyan side. Love the composition, but colors just don't feel right.

For me too, the colors are off, especially the cyans. Another thing that bothers me a bit is the wide-angle effects on the sides of the image.

Francois
c_soars

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
ReplyReply

I don't know - I think the colours convey the situation well - in shade or after the warmth has left the light during dusk).  I certainly recognize the time and feeling of what is being conveyed here, though I am hopefully close to camp or cooking over a fire during this time!

But I also used to shoot a lot of uncorrected daylight balanced film, so I usually leave my WB to 'daylight' and only change in case of severe artificial light or cast - usually when people are in the frame.

If you do warm it up, I think only a small increment is needed.  It's a nice 'sense of place' shot.
IanBrowne

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
ReplyReply

far too blue IMO at this end and it's a great photo if you can remove some to blue which is pretty easy in LR. I would also add some contrast and some fill light.

I took the yellow to 89 BTW
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad