Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sand  (Read 386 times)
Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« on: September 26, 2012, 07:01:26 PM »
ReplyReply

From last week during a very low equinox tide. There are no ridges, ripples or waves, just different sized grains of sand blown by the wind.

Dave

Fine Art Photography on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
kencameron

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
ReplyReply

For me this one is "nice enough", but I find myself imagining all the other possible black and white shots of a patch of wind-blown sand, and not getting a sense of what makes this one stand out. Also, your usual standard is pretty high and I am judging it against that.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:38 AM »
ReplyReply

For me this one is "nice enough", but I find myself imagining all the other possible black and white shots of a patch of wind-blown sand, and not getting a sense of what makes this one stand out. Also, your usual standard is pretty high and I am judging it against that.

OK Ken I fully understand what you are saying and agree with you - and thanks for saying I have a high standard of work Smiley

I don't know what it is about the previous shot that I like, it is sort of 3D yet it isn't if you know what I mean, more interesting then artistic.

Perhaps you may prefer some of my other low tide abstract sand shots - again I like them for their purely abstract nature and the happy couple of hours I spent wandering around snapping with my 50mm f1.4 during this very low tide, on what is essentially the sea bed, but I agree with you and would definitely not class any of them as portfolio grade images.

Dave

Fine Art Photography on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
RobbieV

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Big fan of the second picture you posted. I think it works much better than the first. The close lines at the top work well with the spaced out movement at the bottom. I enjoy the tones as well.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad