Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: The Digital Negative (book)?  (Read 23636 times)
Tony Jay

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
ReplyReply

It is absolutely possible to automate both Lightroom and Photoshop individually.
I do not know of an advertised way of automating Lightroom and Photoshop together for the purpose of a "one-click" command to round trip images through both applications and back again.
Lets see if anyone else has any ideas.

Tony Jay
john beardsworth

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
ReplyReply

One way would be via a Photoshop droplet which you'd then set up in LR as an external editor ("Edit With") or alternatively as a Post Processing Step (bottom of the Export dialog). Beyond that you're into the realm of scripting two distinct apps, which can be enormous fun....

John

vulture

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
ReplyReply

There was once (up to PS 2 if I remember well) "Automator action" - you could write a round trip to PS & back to automate or batch-process your workflow.
I didn't find anything similar for LR 4 & PS 6. Not being really familiar with Apple scripting - maybe there is somebody knowledgeable out there?
john beardsworth

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
ReplyReply

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

kikashi

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »
ReplyReply

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

You might get quite a long way with interface scripting (tell "System Events").

Jeremy
john beardsworth

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Possibly. I don't think it's worth the effort though.

NikoJorj

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 05:15:53 AM »
ReplyReply

A bump for this great book, and a question for Jeff : do you know of any translations in the making?

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...

Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Schewe

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
ReplyReply

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...

I believe a French translation is in the works. But I'm not directly involved and have no info about when...sorry.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad