Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: A little outside the norm for this forum  (Read 1667 times)
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
ReplyReply

But I was asked by a friend to shoot some pics at a high school cross country track meet. It was quite foggy and much if not all was in a fairly deep forested area. The few breaks in the forest had horrid backdrops so I chose to stay in a more shaded area and bump up the ISO up to 800. Shot with a Nikon D7000, 24-70 2.8 lens.

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
k bennett

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:12 PM »
ReplyReply

That's more what I normally shoot (people doing stuff), and I like this particular frame. It's well composed and you nailed the moment with the runner on the right. There's a good feeling of depth to the image, and you've done a nice job capturing the mood of the weather and light.

Equipment: a camera and some lenses.
RSL

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:23:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Good one, Chris. Very nice.

francois

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:30:58 AM »
ReplyReply

I like it, the foggy mood and good framing give a good idea of the race.

Francois
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks guys. I was quite amazed at how quckly these guys and gals were running. I was quite taken by surprise at how fast they came into and left the scene. She was the first runner in the girl's varsity race and led almost from start to finish. The guys were much faster and though I thought I was ready for them having had lots of practice, the first group of three busted on past like little jack rabbits. It was a good learning experience. For those of you who've already seen this pic, you'll notice it has been altered since. I didn't like the first conversion, so redid it.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:18:15 AM by chrisc » Logged

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

Nothing wrong with that picture!

Best regards
Erik

But I was asked by a friend to shoot some pics at a high school cross country track meet. It was quite foggy and much if not all was in a fairly deep forested area. The few breaks in the forest had horrid backdrops so I chose to stay in a more shaded area and bump up the ISO up to 800. Shot with a Nikon D7000, 24-70 2.8 lens.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
ReplyReply

The first photo is really excellent: composition,mood, etc.
The one of the guys doesn't compare (and not just because men are less attractive than women).

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
RSL

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
ReplyReply

+1. Also, Chris, I hope you're thanking your lucky stars that the hair on the girl in front happens to be swinging far out to the left (her right). It makes the picture. As HCB said, it's all luck. But you gotta be there ready for the luck.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad