Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: few more  (Read 823 times)
armand

« on: October 09, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
ReplyReply

trying to make the most out of a cloudy midday
armand

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »
ReplyReply

this one was supposed to be part of the first 4 but it got lost in transition
RSL

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Lost in transition is the best of the lot, Armand. (Be sure you say thanks to Claude.)

shutterpup

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Love the colors in the first one(maybe that makes me a closet OSU football fan); I agree with Russ about the "lost in transition." Wish I'd taken that one!
fike

Hiker Photographer

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Armand,
The last one, "Lost in Translation" has the most potential.  This day looked like it was overcast and flat, and that lighting made it hard to get any drama in the light.  To improve this shot, I would consider doing a curves or levels adjustment to set a black point and white point...or at least get closer to a black point and white point. When an image lacks tones that approach pure black and white, we tend to call them muddy.  Without the levels/curves tone correction, this one is somewhat muddy.  I suspect this adjustment will make a big difference.

Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
marcshaffer.net
TrailPixie.net

I carry an M43 ILC, a couple of good lenses, and a tripod.
armand

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 01:19:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Armand,
The last one, "Lost in Translation" has the most potential.  This day looked like it was overcast and flat, and that lighting made it hard to get any drama in the light.  To improve this shot, I would consider doing a curves or levels adjustment to set a black point and white point...or at least get closer to a black point and white point. When an image lacks tones that approach pure black and white, we tend to call them muddy.  Without the levels/curves tone correction, this one is somewhat muddy.  I suspect this adjustment will make a big difference.

I was trying to achieve a more subdued color so I was afraid about pushing the contrast too much. Here is another version with some extra contrast (more would be probably too much, it was after all midday and cloudy).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:21:21 PM by armand » Logged
fike

Hiker Photographer

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
ReplyReply

I was trying to achieve a more subdued color so I was afraid about pushing the contrast too much. Here is another version with some extra contrast.

There are people who make their trademark from muddy gray images. They may be deliberately representing a particular artistic aesthetic, but I find the images depressing. I like your change, and I don't think it is over the top at all. 

Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
marcshaffer.net
TrailPixie.net

I carry an M43 ILC, a couple of good lenses, and a tripod.
armand

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »
ReplyReply

and 2 more from the same session
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad