Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: New 'Other Photography' Topic/Forum?  (Read 7302 times)
daws

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Another vote for "Other Photographic Genres."

fike

Hiker Photographer

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »
ReplyReply

I don't much like "Other Photographic Genres."  That widens the category to cover too much.  I suggest two things:

1) making a few stickies for long threads (like subcategories) on cars or trees or barns or nudes or whatever
2) making a new forum category about street photography

If I had to say what specific type of photography has been most popular at LuLa, it would be landscape.  Second most popular would be street photography.  We should focus on a genre of photography that clearly has a substantial talent and mindshare (including Michael's) here at LuLa. I think that is street photography. If I had a nickel for every time that Bresson was reverently mentioned I would be rich.  On the other hand quoting Ansel Adams is almost dismissed as cliche.

Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
marcshaffer.net
TrailPixie.net

I carry an M43 ILC, a couple of good lenses, and a tripod.
RobbieV

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »
ReplyReply

I think "other photographic genres" will work well so long as you leave it up to the members to start specified topic posts. Too many sub-forums drives down traffic and makes things needlessly complicated. On the Landscape side, this has already happened with the cars/clouds threads. Let us start threads of similar nature in the new forum Subtopic in the same manner and it will work well IMO.
Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:16 AM »
ReplyReply

If anything, the board needs consolidation, pruning, not expansion. That does not mean there wouldn't be a place for "other photographic genres" in a consolidated forum, however.

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 11:30:59 AM »
ReplyReply

If anything, the board needs consolidation, pruning, not expansion....
I tend to agree - however there is no elegant way of consolidating fora. (eg Combocams with Motion & Video)

Short of moving every single darn topic within a forum, deletion appears to be the only way - I am not doing either at this point - which is why you have not seen any change.

I'll chat with Mark Guertin & Michael about it.

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad