Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Rob C  (Read 2971 times)
stamper

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Slobodan's right. I've been in correspondence with Rob since he dropped off, and I'd very much like to see him back, but I think he decided trying to discuss anything, including photographs, with the kind of posters who were rattling their heads in "Mitt Romney's Halo," was pretty futile. I tend to agree. On the other hand, I'm sure I can attribute at least some of what I saw to youthful inexperience. I think Churchill had it right: ""If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart and if you're not a conservative at thirty, you have no brain." So take a look at that scale and see where you fall.

Sorry Russ....no cigar. If he was unhappy with one thread then he can ignore it and engage in other threads. Rob can certainly make his point of view therefore if he gives it he has to take it? Over 7000 posts so he knows the score. Russ where are you on the scale? I don't think you are a shrinking violet and should have a look in the mirror. I will leave it at that for the sake of harmony. Undecided

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »
ReplyReply

I like Ken's idea - but I know it is not only cars Rob likes!

Tempted Rob? (to comment I mean)
KLaban

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob has moved on, hopefully to better things.

WalterEG

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob has moved on, hopefully to better things.

And I am very happy for him in that Keith, as I suspect that you may be also.

KLaban

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
ReplyReply

And I am very happy for him in that Keith, as I suspect that you may be also.

Indeed, Walter, indeed.

Rob has asked me to say that he is not able to see any PM messages or the car pictures, but would like to thank all the positive posters for their kind comments and best wishes.

I know he is missed and I'm sure we all wish him well with much enjoyment and success in pastures new.

jeremypayne
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 06:46:07 AM »
ReplyReply

"YAGE by proxy"

Perhaps not really a new phenomenon, but first time I've seen it.
KLaban

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 07:02:43 AM »
ReplyReply

EDIT

I'm sure we all most of us wish him well with much enjoyment and success in pastures new.

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 07:10:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Indeed, Walter, indeed.

Rob has asked me to say that he is not able to see any PM messages or the car pictures, but would like to thank all the positive posters for their kind comments and best wishes.

I know he is missed and I'm sure we all wish him well with much enjoyment and success in pastures new.

I never met Rob and don't know him.  He always seemed a bit of grumpy really and had quite strong opinions, but usually had something useful to say.  I do feel a bit sorry that he has gone without saying a farewell.   It all seems a bit sudden and shows how ephemeral the internet can be - compared to real friends and relationships (of which I have many fortunately).  It's not even like he drifted off, because he had made lots of posts recently too.

Good luck Rob

Jim
Ray

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Hey! Maybe Rob has got himself a younger woman who complains that he spends too much time glued to his computer, posting comments on LL.  Grin
NancyP

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Or at least hook a largish boat or stock trailer or ginormous trailer home to the end of that Hummer. Though I would go for an F150 myself.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad