Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: NIK Products Limited Availability?  (Read 1154 times)
DaveJ

« on: November 17, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
ReplyReply

Does anyone know why Adorama, B&H and Amazon show either "discontinued" or "product no longer available" for NIK software products? I was specifically looking for Color Efex Pro 4 and HDR Efex Pro 2 and had no luck finding them at any of these retailers. They only seem to be available directly from NIK.
Dave Jolley
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:12:27 AM by DaveJ » Logged
howardm

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:07:37 AM »
ReplyReply

Are you aware that several months ago, Google *bought* NIK software so this may be a 'transition' problem.
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
ReplyReply

Why not just buy by download from the NIK website? Perhaps the company has discontinued providing applications on hard media? (It's an expensive way of doing business these days.)

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
DaveJ

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »
ReplyReply

I am aware of the Google acquisition. I just heard from Outdoor Photo Gear, where I have purchase NIK products in the past and they said that NIK is no longer going to sell product through retail outlets. I was always able to get better prices by buying from other retailers than directly from NIK, even using the 15% discount available at the NIK site.
Dave Jolley
Josh-H

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Google have discontinued all NIK products that shipped in boxes. You can now only buy them as downloads.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad