Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Playing about with a new HDR program from NIK Software  (Read 671 times)
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
ReplyReply

They made a gift of this to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. As a general rule, i don't much care for HDR but the more I play with it, the more I at least can appreciate the difficulty of getting a good range.

I shot this a couple of hours ago with the intent of making an HDR image but had some difficulty getting the three exposures to align just right, so did a "Norma" edit, an HDR and a combo of the two with the overlay at 38%. Still playing and learning.

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
kikashi

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
ReplyReply

The HDR looks, with respect, vile. I'm not convinced, looking at them on an old MBP, that the combination shot is an improvement over the simple edit.

Jeremy
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »
ReplyReply

I quite agree....back to the drawing board as to getting a decent HDR mind you, just to say I can....I still think I don't like the effect.

What! Me Worry?

armand

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
ReplyReply

What was wrong with the first exposure? Looks properly exposed to me, I don't see why you would need HDR for this particular shot.
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Like I said, just playing about with exposure ranges. Can't learn if you don't experiment and get feedback.

What! Me Worry?

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad