1. Is it workable to mount say, a 30"x40" print to a 34"x44" polymetal, dibond, or similar panel in order to use the painted metal of the panel as a "frame" around the print?
2. Is centering the print for mounting onto the panel a problem?
3. Factoring in the lamination and mounting film, is that painted border of the polymetal just going to look bad in the end?
1. Yes, you can mount smaller pictures to a bigger panel
2. Yes, centering is a pain. I align it and use painters blue tape to ensure it stays center
3. Not sure, but you can cut around the photo and remove the backing and lamination, so the backing andlamination is just on the photo and not on the frame portion of the panel.