Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Polariod 100 Back and film question  (Read 774 times)
dreidesq

« on: November 21, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

I recently was given a Hasselblad 100 Polaroid back with some film and every time I shoot was it I get the below tear.
This is a constant thing as I bought some new film pack and it does it on this too. Which is what these are.

Any clues? Rollers? Pulling out the film too fast?

ChristopherBarrett
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Hmm, that looks like old Polaroid.  This would happen when the chemistry started drying out and you wouldn't have enough developer to cover the whole image.  It could also be that the rollers are not applying enough or even pressure.  Take the rollers out, clean them with alcohol and make sure they are rotating freely upon reassembly... and then see what ya get.
DanielStone

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »
ReplyReply

As CB said, looks like old Polaroid that has some dried up(partially) chemistry.

I've also found when using Polaroid/fujiroid films, when you go to pull the polaroid, pull the paper handle until you feel pressure, before it gets really pressured. Wait a sec or two, then pull in a rapid, even motion the Polaroid, in order to start the development.

Using the above method, I've found that I get more even development, and less micro air bubbles(aka the source of the micro "white spots" on Polaroids.

Cheers,

Dan
FredBGG

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
ReplyReply

how is the paper actually ripping or is it just a smudge. is the actual print tearing or is the negative tearing
dreidesq

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 01:24:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Thank you for your replies.
I appear to have left out some vital information.

Though it is a Polariod back the film I'm using is FP3000B which is a lot newer than Polariods instant film.

I will sort out the rollers first - thank you CBarrett
I will try that - Thank you DanielStone.
The paper comes out clean and intact but as I pull apart the paper after waiting the required time the image performs this tear.
Could this be light leak?
I've noticed that the box is slightly springy and has some give in it.

Regards
David
FredBGG

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:24 AM »
ReplyReply

If neither the print or the peel away negative are tearing then it is a roller problem.
Not enough pressure on one side. As a result the developer/emulsion is not spreading evenly.
Where it does not spread the paper remains white.
Your best bet is to find a replacement back if cleaning does not work.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad