Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: photography book acquisitions  (Read 4242 times)
Isaac

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you mean to express a personal dislike of puppies as photo content or …?
stamper

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 03:03:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Isaac, have you read this? Wink

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trawlers-Go-War-Paul-Lund/dp/0450011755/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404460933&sr=1-3&keywords=trawlers

Isaac

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »
ReplyReply

"…with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."
stamper

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 02:55:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you mean to express a personal dislike of puppies as photo content or …?

"…with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Amen. Grin

Isaac

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2014, 06:21:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Be more charitable, it's OK to prefer kittens.
BobDavid

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
ReplyReply

The most useful book for learning studio lighting: Light--Science & Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting -- "The effective size of the light source... Three types of reflection... the family of angles..."

It is an excellent primer.
Isaac

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 11:57:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Minor White: Manifestations of the Spirit -- The superficial meaning is descriptive; the underlying meaning is symbolic; and the ultimate meaning is intensely personal and thus the most elusive.

One Woman 100 Faces -- Over the course of 22 years, Alberto has photographed Mitzi in endless fantastical guises, from otherworldy creatures to sculpture … Make-up and hair, inextricably linked create a powerful illusion that only survives in the photograph.

Cindy Sherman -- the artist's work recorded in photographs.

101 Top Tips for Digital Landscape Photography: Capturing great landscapes with your camera -- Suitable for new and improving photographers.

Empire -- …twenty-one states, hundreds of miles, 9,000 sheets of exposed 4x5 film … a vast array of items, indiscriminantly selected -- random commonplace things…

Adobe Master Class: Photoshop Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists

Adobe Master Class: Advanced Compositing in Photoshop: Bringing the Impossible to Reality
stamper

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 03:17:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Minor White: Manifestations of the Spirit -- The superficial meaning is descriptive; the underlying meaning is symbolic; and the ultimate meaning is intensely personal and thus the most elusive.

One Woman 100 Faces -- Over the course of 22 years, Alberto has photographed Mitzi in endless fantastical guises, from otherworldy creatures to sculpture … Make-up and hair, inextricably linked create a powerful illusion that only survives in the photograph.

Cindy Sherman -- the artist's work recorded in photographs.

101 Top Tips for Digital Landscape Photography: Capturing great landscapes with your camera -- Suitable for new and improving photographers.

Empire -- …twenty-one states, hundreds of miles, 9,000 sheets of exposed 4x5 film … a vast array of items, indiscriminantly selected -- random commonplace things…

Adobe Master Class: Photoshop Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists

Adobe Master Class: Advanced Compositing in Photoshop: Bringing the Impossible to Reality

Isaac I take it you have read these books and can personally recommend them .... or some of them .... or even one of them?

Isaac

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 08:21:10 AM »
ReplyReply

I've read them.

I take it you only expect me to reciprocate your un-helpfulness.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:27:27 PM by Isaac » Logged
jwstl

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 10:46:56 AM »
ReplyReply

I've reported your post to the moderators as is seems you are adamant on ruining another thread with your insults.
michael
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
ReplyReply

1: Less aggression in postings please.

2: Thicker skin when reading.

Please. Otherwise good threads get locked and disappear.

Michael
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
ReplyReply

I've reported your post to the moderators as is seems you are adamant on ruining another thread with your insults.

Who are you referring to? Isaac or Stamper?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Richowens

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
ReplyReply

All I see here is a little brotherly banter, although a little juvenile.

Isaac

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Please. Otherwise good threads get locked and disappear.

It is a pity that the practical response to people who get their fun from derailing or disrupting a discussion is to close the discussion -- they win.

But I don't really have a better suggestion: 5-day no-posting penalty?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:01:38 PM by Isaac » Logged
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad