Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Magenta corners and sides with Leaf Aptus 12II.  (Read 873 times)
D!RK

« on: December 11, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello Everybody.
I have been using a Leaf Aptus 2 for almost a year and from the beginning experienced problems with color shifts in night images. It rendered magenta corners and often had a magenta color shift throughout the sides. One quarter of the sensor actually had a slightly different color when pushed. So last Spring I had it shipped to Leaf and it got fixed. The overall magenta cast is gone but I am still seeing bright corners in darker images. I tried several combinations but can't figure out why this is happening. Has anybody experienced this? Is this an IR leak or a lens problem? I may have to run a variety of different lenses but so far I mostly used the 80mm Phase One lens. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you. D!RK
FredBGG

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi D!rk

The first thing you need to do is some controlled tests.
If you have access to a good large format printer I can send you a very high resolution test screen file.

Anyway you should setup a dark background with some small bright parts in it and test your back with different lenses.

There is a small chance that you have a loose element in you lens that may be causing a large corner chroma abberation.

I've messed around with moving lens elements around on old lenses to play around with low quality looks and I've seen things like this happen.

Another thing you can do is shoot a roll of film if you have access to a film back and you camera supports one.

Try a different raw converter just in case some lens correction setting has gone bad (quite unlikely, but an easy thing to try)

Also it could be a calibration error when you back was serviced. Quite unlikely. However I think that calibration is saved some how in the back.
maybe that is accessible and could be looked at remotely. I know a friend of mine had a few dead pixels fixed without sending his back to phase.
yaya

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Dirk,

In order to save yourself time and to avoid yet another long, unproductive thread, I suggest that you contact your Mamiya Leaf dealer ASAP and they will take it from there. They will need RAW files to start the support process as well as firmware version, shooting parameters etc.

My contacts are below should you have any further questions

Kind regards

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Mamiya Leaf |
e: ysh@mamiyaleaf.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | www.mamiyaleaf.com | yaya's blog
D!RK

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you guys.
I guess I have to do this. But I will still do some test before that. Last time I had some issues it took three weeks to get approval to send in the back and a total of two months to get it repaired. It is a long time without an expensive back. That's why I wanted to see if that is a known issue and if there is a hardware or software solution to it. D!RK
FredBGG

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Dirk,

In order to save yourself time and to avoid yet another long, unproductive thread, I suggest that you contact your Mamiya Leaf dealer ASAP and they will take it from there. They will need RAW files to start the support process as well as firmware version, shooting parameters etc.

My contacts are below should you have any further questions

Kind regards

Yair

Thank you guys.
 Last time I had some issues it took three weeks to get approval to send in the back and a total of two months to get it repaired. It is a long time without an expensive back. That's why I wanted to see if that is a known issue and if there is a hardware or software solution to it. D!RK

Yaya...

Maybe speeding up repair times would be of more "productive"..... Wink 2 months? Huh
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:40:33 PM by FredBGG » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad