Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Stolen  (Read 12354 times)
Kumar

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
ReplyReply

All is not yet lost. How high up the chain did you go? Write a polite, but firm letter to the Chairman/CEO, explaining everything that happened. While Axa's CEO probably has a bit more to deal with, it will certainly get some attention. Also, search Linkedin profiles for people you might know at Axa, and see if they can help you out informally. Facebook and other social sites should be your last resort, and as others have said, be very careful in what you post, and how you word it.

Best,
Kumar

FredBGG

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Your problem appears to have had nothing to do with insurance and everything to do with employees of a postal service.

Jeremy

Actually it's an insurance issue. The insurer just happens to be a postal service.
Also it's wrong to blame the employees. Actually a couple I talked to were quite honest about the way the rules are set
and how the employees can't do much about it. They sounded quite embarrassed by it all.
dreidesq

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you all once again.

Having spent most of the weekend speaking to friend and family, none agree with my decision to close the claim. All agree I should stick it to them. All of my request letters to the insurance company get ignored or diverted with spurious assumptions.

The last letter tells me to go to the ombudsmen and totally ignores my request for information.

I am waiting for the solicitor to come back to me with a date of when they can start. At present I am doing the leg work of information request. At present they are unwilling to provide the information I have requested. This will be the third time I have requested anything. According to the solicitor if they ignore me again this will be an open an shut case due to their complacency and neglect.

I will give the reopening of my claim some thought, if I get the legal representation I requested I will as it will make things easier for me with another issue I have running at the same time. Another long story.
dreidesq

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Here's an update. Of sorts.

After a lot of deliberating three weeks ago I wrote to the insurance company expressing my wish to reopen my claim, only, if they could use my enclosed statement and have as little input from me as I have a fair bit of stress in our lives right now.

A week ago they called leaving a message (I asked for a written response) to say they were getting a loss adjuster to call me to arrange an appointment.
Confused I wrote to them to ask why this loss adjuster was calling and could they answer my letter in writing.
In between my letter being sent I got contacted by the loss adjuster telling me he needed to see me ASAP.

I wrote back to the Loss Adjuster telling him he should not have been called as I had not had a written reply from the insurance company to my numerous questions and statement. He got very insistent and threatened to close my claim if I did not make a date to see him.

I requested, very politely that I wanted to have a written response from the insurance company first and would he mind getting them to contact me. He then sarcastically and insistently suggested that if I did not make an appointment with him that was it. I complained to the insurance company and postponed the claim again while I waited for their written response.

The insurance since then has apologised and are sending me 50 in compensation for their error. They then said that there is now a deadline (first I've heard of it) for making a claim. Though this goes against the original conversation I had with a manager of the company who stated I could open the claim any time I felt appropriate. Hmmm. I record every verbal conversation I've had with them.

Because of the various help I have had on this site, I've known all along they are trying every trick in the book to get out of paying the claim. It stressed me out the last time and I'm sure this time will be no different.
They have stated that they want me to go over the claim again from scratch, from the events before and leading up to the theft, then after, then to explain why I post my pictures on a site called Redbubble. I already told the first loss adjuster and the claims guys on the phone that I post my pictures on a website called Redbubble. They are also concerned that the money I have earned (that's a laugh) from Redbubble, which to date (during the period of insurance) is less than 4 haircuts in the UK. They state that they think I am a professional photographer and think that as I "sell" (that's an even bigger laugh) my pictures on this site that I must be a business and therefore they will close my claim.

There will also undoubtably be undisclosed questions and the Loss adjuster has also said he will be recording the conversation. Probably to run through his computer to test my voice stress levels (like I saw on CSI the other day, lol) I'm also assuming that he'll wanted to run through the claim forwards and backwards to see if I miss anything and then chose an obscure line of questioning which is mildly related to the claim to see if I am lying. Maybe I've watched too much Columbo this month? What's next, matchsticks in the eyes and water boarding?

Well at present I am now waiting for the Loss Adjuster to email me to say when he's free. At the same time I've got a new job hopefully about to start, a health issue, my wife is quite ill as well, we are suing BMW for poisoning my wife with their crappy BMW Mini, I've got 6 PPI insurance complaints running, 6 complaints with the ombudsmen (two of them about Axa), we are trying to move house, sell my car but can't as the insurance company did not repair the car correctly and am now driving around in a courtesy car. We have just resolved a house flood and trespass that the water company caused. And today had 4 ton of earth delivered on my doorstep by mistake by a random delivery driver while we were out. Helpful. I'm sure the loss adjuster would love to take a picture of that. Well I'll save him the bother.

I'll keep you posted.
Of course, any advice will be very welcome.

Regards
David
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:52:57 PM by dreidesq » Logged
dreidesq

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »
ReplyReply

I am now waiting for the Loss Adjuster to pick either the 23rd or 24th of July 2013 to come and see me for my deposition of the events of the theft of my equipment in January 2013.

Though it seems very odd when he tried to force me to meet him previously he had all the time in the world and I was apparently obstructing his ability to do his job as he wanted to meet me almost immediately. After my complaint in which I do not accept their version of their understanding of what he did. He now only has two days available in July 2013. Strange.

This is becoming quite stressful again mostly because we are supposed to be moving house in at the end of July early August so we are time for the new school term for our daughter. I'm desperately trying to tidy up the house we are in before we go.

Anything else I should be looking for or should ask the loss adjuster before he comes?
dreidesq

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2014, 05:35:09 AM »
ReplyReply

It's just past the year anniversary of my insurance claim.

Still no joy from finding any of my stolen equipment, still no joy from the insurance company settling the claim.

The final response I had from the insurance company was that I had to meet their Loss Adjuster and if I didn't they would not accept my claim.

I then find out that the Loss Adjuster they were insistent for me to meet had been convicted of fraud.
I asked the insurance company to clarify if there was anything I needed to know about this Loss Adjuster and low and behold that Loss Adjuster was all of a sudden busy and the claims manager was no longer in their department.

They then stated I needed to see another loss adjuster and deal with another claims manager.

I have now left this in the capable hands of a loss assessor to deal with as I cannot spend any more time dealing with the insurance company as I have a health issue.
Maybe he will have more luck than I?

Kumar

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2014, 08:00:57 AM »
ReplyReply

David,

You realize it's Goliath you're battling ? Smiley
Why don't you ask them point-blank why they have a convicted Loss Adjuster on their rolls?
Also, can your doctor provide a written opinion saying that the stress of this claim is causing a delay in curing you? That might get some positive action.

All the best,
Kumar

dreidesq

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm not battling them anymore, it's my loss assessor.

I could certainly get a letter from two different doctors to show that last year was certainly stressful based on the drugs I was issued by them.

I'll ask them to provide one. Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad