Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sigma DP3 Merrill Experiences  (Read 77874 times)
T-1000

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 04:35:13 PM »
ReplyReply

LOL, thanks Hulyss.
maxgruzen

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »
ReplyReply

For maxgruzen, and anyone else interested:  I  haven't figured out how to upload photos (of course, I haven't taken the time to try, so perhaps soon), but I measured the Voitlander 75mm viewfinder.  It sits exactly 27/32nds of an inch above the top level of the hotshoe, and is exactly that same amount wide.  It is round, with a very attractive styling, posh looking, kind of Art Deco.  And, befitting its lovely appearance, it actually comes in a little cobalt blue velveteen drawstring bag like a piece of jewelry.  It fits very snugly into the hotshoe, more so than the black Voitlander I got for the DP2M (which wasn't an exact match focal length-wise, but close enough).  I wear about a size 7 ring, and that is the size and appearance of the viewfinder, just this small ring sitting atop the camera. --Barbara
Thanks Barbara, The Merrill viewfinder I have on the DP2 is 24/32 X 24/32; just a hair smaller then the Voitlander. I'll give the Voitlander a try.I really want that " little cobalt blue velveteen drawstring bag".  Getting expensive having to buy one of this for each Merrill. I miss Port Townsand.....Max
BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »
ReplyReply

The 75mm Voigtlander is only half the price of the wider one, and looks much more interesting.  Fort Worden at Port Townsend is indeed one of my favorite shooting locations.  I would hate to move out of this area.  --Barbara 
maxgruzen

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
ReplyReply

I lived two blocks from Fort Worden and thought of it a my back yard.
urbanpicasso

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Picked up this little gem a few days ago and thought I'd jump in and share  Grin

_SDI0114 Panorama by the urban picasso, on Flickr

davidbogdan
W.Utsch

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
ReplyReply

The Voigtläner finder on the 3M (as posted on Getdpi):

DSC03712.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
Malina DZ

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
ReplyReply

...in studio, it blow away any camera under 30 MP, your poor a850 die hard face to him, sorry (just because you a850 do not have any kind of LV).
Hulyss, amazing studio results with DP3M! I have no doubt DP3M produces better IQ @ iso100-160, it's the comfort of use and external light support that don't favor the DP3M camera (for me).

They're all different creative tools.
Thanks K.C. I 100% agree with you.
eronald

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Hulyss, amazing studio results with DP3M! I have no doubt DP3M produces better IQ @ iso100-160, it's the comfort of use and external light support that don't favor the DP3M camera (for me).
Thanks K.C. I 100% agree with you.

Why is nobody using the Sigma dSLR with the same sensor?

Edmund

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
Hulyss

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2013, 03:53:55 AM »
ReplyReply

Edmund

I used it. But the lack of LV is a very big problem ...

Kind Regards - www.hulyssbowman.com
Tiger1

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Apparently the SD1 with LV is coming out sometime this year.....
palpman

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2013, 06:17:54 AM »
ReplyReply

God these pictures look good... especially the pinecore macro, I've never seen such depth and "relief" before.

I'm still getting familiar with the DP2M... pictures are so realistic it's almost scary.
Malina DZ

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:54 AM »
ReplyReply

My guess is, it's because of slow/outdated camera functions & features (besides the sensor) and no native support of Canon/Nikon/Sony & 3d party lenses.
joni

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 02:10:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Please friends, does anyone know anything about the Cash Back Campaign from Sigma for buy or for any who currently owns any Merrill Cameras from Europe ??

Thanks and best.

Hulyss

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Please friends, does anyone know anything about the Cash Back Campaign from Sigma for buy or for any who currently owns any Merrill Cameras from Europe ??

Thanks and best.

Hello joni,

There is some speculation about it, but I have two guess :

¤ The cash back is Japan only but It as been announced in Australia too, with 300$ cash back so... that lead me to the second option >>

¤ SIGMA is an Empire. The governor is SIGMA JAPAN but every other SIGMA are somehow independent. I think the cash back will come BUT every SIGMA need to set it on his own, thus some delay.

Cross your fingers Smiley

Hulyss

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Some cityscape in bad weather  Angry

(No, this is not dust spot, this is snow falling).

T-1000

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Edmund

I think it's because you can get the DP2M and DP3M for $1,800 with very high performance lenses included, while the DSLR is currently $1900 (normally $2300) and is limited to Sigma SLR lenses, which don't seem to be even close to the DPM lenses, except maybe the new 35mm f/1.4.  Also the functionality of the Sigma SLR isn't so great compared to a Nikon or Canon.

So people who are skeptical or new to Sigma will want to test the waters with a cheap "point-and-shoot" (except it's not a point-and-shoot, it's more like a secret weapon).  LOL
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:43:38 PM by T-1000 » Logged
Hulyss

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2013, 04:32:23 PM »
ReplyReply

I think it's because you can get the DP2M and DP3M for $1,800 with very high performance lenses included, while the DSLR is currently $1900 (normally $2300) and is limited to Sigma SLR lenses, which don't seem to be even close to the DPM lenses, except maybe the new 35mm f/1.4.  Also the functionality of the Sigma SLR isn't so great compared to a Nikon or Canon.

So people who are skeptical or new to Sigma will want to test the waters with a cheap "point-and-shoot" (except it's not a point-and-shoot, it's more like a secret weapon).  LOL

Shhhhttt don't tell it Smiley

Moss on pink granite wall :

LKaven

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Hulyss is getting my appetite up for the DP.  I wonder why they don't introduce a DP-X with three (or so) interchangeable lenses corresponding to the lenses on the DP-1,2,3?  I would jump on that camera in a heartbeat. 

ndevlin

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Good question Edmund.  The answer is that the SD-1 with the interchangeable lenses simply doesn't give the same results as the DP-2 (and now 3).  It has been suggested by those who should know that a couple of the newer lenses get the SD-1 close, but there is real magic in a lens matched so perfectly to a sensor, it seems.

- N.

Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera
Hulyss

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2013, 04:05:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Good question Edmund.  The answer is that the SD-1 with the interchangeable lenses simply doesn't give the same results as the DP-2 (and now 3).  It has been suggested by those who should know that a couple of the newer lenses get the SD-1 close, but there is real magic in a lens matched so perfectly to a sensor, it seems.

- N.

Nick, you should try the 3 ... sure an alchemy will operate Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad