Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Path II  (Read 697 times)
RSL

« on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Next week I'll contact Christie's and see if they're interested. I can make the print wall-sized if they think that'll help to sell it. Should sell for more than Rhine II since it has a more interesting background.

Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:44 AM »
ReplyReply

Sorry, Russ, even with your D800, a.k.a. The Detail Enhancer, I can not discern what's that in the background: dinosaur droppings, perhaps?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
amolitor

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Those are hay bales, modern style!

So far this ain't doing much for me..

- Andrew

My awesome blog about photography: http://photothunk.blogspot.com
RobbieV

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
ReplyReply

For a minimalist inspired piece, I find the oranges distracting. It's probably because I don't understand the conventions though.

I'll start the bidding at $300,000.
Bruce Cox

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
ReplyReply

The shadows of the central trees bother me. I fancy they would do better more nearly parallel with the fence or, failing that, completely parallel with the path.  Don't pick the oranges though; I like-um.

Bruce
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Sorrry, Russ. There's too much going on on the other bank side of the path.
Simplify, simplify, simplify. And then make it huge.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
RSL

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
ReplyReply

You're right Eric. Here's the final product -- cropped.

amolitor

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Now THAT is some excellent commentary there. It's much more clearly a direct reference to Rhine II, and a refutation of it.

That sounds all art-world bulls*tty, but I think it's actually a pretty reasonable way to look at it. Just because it's not in words doesn't mean it can't be pretty direct about peeing in someone else's corn flakes.

- Andrew

My awesome blog about photography: http://photothunk.blogspot.com
Rob C

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Better peeing in those cereals that snap, crackle and pop; cornflakes have no drama. Even with semi-skimmed milk. I know: I test them every morning!

Rob C

Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Now THAT is some excellent commentary there. It's much more clearly a direct reference to Rhine II, and a refutation of it.

That sounds all art-world bulls*tty, but I think it's actually a pretty reasonable way to look at it. Just because it's not in words doesn't mean it can't be pretty direct about peeing in someone else's corn flakes.

I thought the actual terminological usage of this type of phraseology was when trying to disuade someone from doing somthing stupid - I don't wish to p*ss on your chips (that's French fries for our American friends), or fart on your cornflakes, but...!

Had to remove the following, as it was putting me off my cornflakes..  Thanks Rob  Embarrassed

I must say I was shocked   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:09:27 AM by Dave (Isle of Skye) » Logged

Photography Tuition holidays on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
Rob C

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
ReplyReply

I thought the actual terminological usage of this type of phraseology was when trying to disuade someone from doing somthing stupid - I don't wish to p*ss on your chips (that's French fries for our American friends), or fart on your cornflakes, but...!

Another even less salubrious quote I once heard said to a young lady shop assistant who was not being very helpful to a gentleman customer of some advancing years, as he turned to walk out of the shop in digust - I wouldn't deal with her young'un, she wouldn't even p*ss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire...

I must say I was shocked   Roll Eyes

There are photographers who sell books etc. shooting exactly that, if without the fire.

Sick world indeed.

Rob C

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad