My laptop died recently and I'm about to purchase a new one.
I'm a Windows user and not an Apple user. Please don't open this to a Windows vs Apple discussion.
I'm strongly contemplating purchasing the Lenovo W530 for the following reasons.
- I need to be able to work on, review and do basic colour balancing and processing when I'm away traveling. Final development of photographs would be completed at home on my desktop
- I want something that is powerful enough to managed large stitched tiff files (hence my selection of a laptop that could be upgraded to 32gb of ram)
- I would prefer an IPS monitor but there seems to be a lack of quality 15" IPS monitors
My questions are to people that own or have used a W530.
- How have you found the Wide Gamut 1920x1080 screen?
- Have you colour calibrated it?
I will likely carry a calibrator with me as I've read that the built in Lenovo one is not reliable.
- Has the screen produced colours in a accurate way? (whether calibrated or not)
- Any other thoughts regarding this laptop would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much.