Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?  (Read 19270 times)
design_freak

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:49 AM »
ReplyReply

Nobody Huh  Angry

Best regards,
DF

-------------------------------------------
WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
-------------------------------------------
Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 03:16:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Ya I'm still waiting to get my hands on the test camera
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:07:36 AM by Enda Cavanagh » Logged

gigdagefg

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »
ReplyReply

my dealer received a request from Hasselblad a few weeks ago concerning the serial numbers on my H4D body, viewfinder and back pursuant to the trade in.I think I will have my H5D soon
Stanley
Quentin

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
ReplyReply

From Hasselblad...

The sensors aren't specifically from Sony, there are multiple companies putting their designs forward for testing. No names were given.

Finally a medium format Foveon sensor. Angry

Or not, sadly.  There is always something radical and new just round the corner.  These carrots are dangled to keep us interested in new gear and fretting about present technological limitations. We should just get on and shoot with the great stuff we already have.

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
stevebri

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Here here Quentin,

Couldn't agree more.

Must be something in the water I once lived in sunny Saffron Walden and am not far from there now, (kings X rather than Liverpool st).

No doubt ill see you 'out there' in a field at dawn using this marvellous kit we own.

Steve
Quentin

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Here here Quentin,

Couldn't agree more.

Must be something in the water I once lived in sunny Saffron Walden and am not far from there now, (kings X rather than Liverpool st).

No doubt ill see you 'out there' in a field at dawn using this marvellous kit we own.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Might need to take a rain check on seeing me at dawn for a while except perhaps the 6:06am Stansted Mountfitchet train to Liverpool Street tomorrow morning ( the day job keeps getting in the way...)  Grin. Can't wait for that to change.

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
JV

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »
ReplyReply

I just noticed that B&H lists the H5D-50 as In Stock, just the H5D-50 though...
BrendanStewart

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
ReplyReply

I think a lot of people were hoping for something more out of the H5D. I personally, was hoping for better high ISO performance. Whether that means better noise control through Phocus, or a new CMOS sensor, i don't know. In addition to that, i would have liked a slightly larger review screen with higher pixel count with faster processing.

But honestly, and i'd hate to say it because i really love Hasselblad, but the IQ series is doing things Hasselblad should have been doing some time ago. What is going on over at Hasselblad? One has to wonder...

This is more like a H4.1D than a H5D.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:39:25 AM by BrendanStewart » Logged
eronald

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »
ReplyReply

On the H5D aka H4.1D you could legitimately expect a wonderful hand-sculpted walnut grip.

There is little reason for H to invest in new firmware and software as long as they are not sure they will have a new sensor. They already have a new CEO, and a new haute NEX, is that not enough progress? Besides which, by the time Phase really delivers all that wifi stuff, Hassy may well have announced the H7D - I know that I was promised bluetooth real soon now when I ordered my P45+, if I had not believed that I might have got a cheap P45 Smiley

I think an improved Phocus would be easily possible; in particular in-situ camera calibration would enable substantially higher ISOs, *provided good chips are used* which costs money. However this should not be expected, as Adobe's lobbying is harder and harder to resist, and software is a cost rather than a revenue generator for Hassy.

Edmund

I think a lot of people were hoping for something more out of the H5D. I personally, was hoping for better high ISO performance. Whether that means better noise control through Phocus, or a new CMOS sensor, i don't know. In addition to that, i would have liked a slightly larger review screen with higher pixel count with faster processing.

But honestly, and i'd hate to say it because i really love Hasselblad, but the IQ series is doing things Hasselblad should have been doing some time ago. What is going on over at Hasselblad? One has to wonder...

This is more like a H4.1D than a H5D.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:12:56 PM by eronald » Logged
Gel

Excuse me while I bust a cap

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »
ReplyReply

I had my hands on it at Focus last week.

I like the look, love the screen.
The H5D50 was what I had in my hands. The sensor is exactly the same at the H4D50. Other than a few incremental changes and minor I don't consider it really any different.

As a H4D owner the only thing I would move to the H5 for is the screen. For me this isn't a big enough reason to jump.

But nice paint job.

Chris Giles Photography
bdp

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Just got mine. First in Sydney I believe  Cool

First impressions are excellent - the mirror slap has been greatly reduced...

Ben

JV

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Great looking camera!  I see that B&H has them now as well.   
Kagetsu

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 08:55:20 AM »
ReplyReply

A friend received his a few weeks ago. I'm a phase user myself, but it's a few slight improvements on the external side of things. He hadn't really had a chance to play with it much at that stage though (Melbourne, Aus btw). In any case, they are out in the wild.
soren

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Used mine for three weeks now. I see improvements in file quality compared to my previous HD3 II 39, did a small upgrade to HD5 50.

The new battery is a big improvement compare to the old one, the screen display too and focus is faster Smiley The RRS L-plate works on the new model too... thanks

You can now also shoot RAW+JPG.... The CF memory compartment is much improved as it was a bit scary to see the electronic card inside when open the card cover door on HD3 II when there was snow or rain

Few things that I am not happy with is the on/off button, it is impossible to use with gloves on  Angry. My wish is to have one of the other button set to on/off instead... perhaps a firmware update? Did they not test the camera with glows on???

Also you can have the "Grip" information on the sensor unit display but you can not see the exposure compensation. When you have the camera high on a tripod and need to change some settings (I always use M-mode) I need to see the exposure compensation for not under/over exposure... firmware update?

Focus confirm could be better, now you need to press a button for activating and then move the cursor to the area of focus and another press on the button to see 100 %. I want 100 % directly on one press on a button and yes it can be centred because I can move the window if needed then... firmware update?

You have bracket settings you can set what ever you want, but how about focus stacking!?? Would be a nice feature, you focus on the front object and then the camera move the focus (depending on the lens) for the next exposure. They have all the knowledge of the lenses and certainly know the best settings for focus stacking as well... just a wish (of course there is HTS 1.5)

Now we need to find a company that can do firewire to wireless so you can hook up the Hblad to an iPad with Phocus, that would be something Smiley

Regards
Soren
Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »
ReplyReply

Oh, come on! Is it that hard to show some pics taken with the camera, rather than of the camera?  Cheesy
soren

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »
ReplyReply

OK OK!!!

Don't know if that tells so much about the camera! But I do love the quality of the files... and I rarely sharpen the images no need for my taste

Todays shot....
Dustbak

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Yikes, still no 0-point on the diopter dial on the viewfinder Sad This is annoying!!
bdp

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Yikes, still no 0-point on the diopter dial on the viewfinder Sad This is annoying!!

Yes, mine was so far off that it hurt my eyes the first time I looked through! The guy doing QC at Hasselblad must wear glasses  Grin I've fiddled with it twice to guess where '0' is and get it right...

Ben
Dustbak

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I found, it is especially difficult when using the HTS. You get away with being a bit off when using only the lenses (certainly when using AF Smiley. When using the HTS MF is already more difficult, having the diopter being off makes it even harder. How hard could it be to put numbers on the diopter??
FredBGG

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »
ReplyReply

But nice paint job.

Stupid paint job....

Black is the right color for a camera as it will be less likely to be reflected in the subject.

Also if white had some validity why not make the whole thing white as an option for those that
use it in hot sun.

Anyway the important thing is that they kept that Allesandrini waco away from the design of the H5
or else you would have a Steam Punk H5
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad