Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Snow-capped Snowdon, highest mountain in Wales..mono conversion  (Read 441 times)
simonkit

« on: January 17, 2013, 02:47:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Following on from my last post I've just converted this photograph of a snow-capped Snowdon to mono and would appreciate feedback

Thanks

Simon

kikashi

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:50:42 AM »
ReplyReply

At the risk, as ever, of upsetting Russ by suggesting a crop, I think it would work better without the bottom third. I find the big rock in the foreground a distraction.

Jeremy
Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »
ReplyReply

I do not find the rock distracting, for me it provides a sense of scale. I find the reflection of the mountain too bright.

opgr

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:12:45 AM »
ReplyReply

I do not find the rock distracting, for me it provides a sense of scale. I find the reflection of the mountain too bright.

+1

I like the composition as is. The rock provides both a sense of depth, as well as placing a natural object in front of the almost graphical drawing in the back. The latter being the interest of the image for me. I do find the reflection too bright as well, also makes a slightly artificial look. Plus I also find the rather visible USM borders distracting. For screen output, it wouldn't need that much imo.

edit: the mountains in the back could use a little more separation from the sky.

Regards,
Oscar Rysdyk
theimagingfactory
simonkit

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, great feedback again...completely agree about the too light reflection, now adjusted slightly. For me the rock is important, take it away and there's no foreground which pretty changes it to a "snap"

Simon

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad