Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: It would be nice to have this setting in LR  (Read 665 times)
mburke

« on: January 25, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
ReplyReply

It would be nice to have an opacity type setting in LR. If you made 5 -6 or more setting changes in LR and got your picture looking how you wanted it but it was just a little over the top it would be nice to have a setting to drop the effect like an opacity slider instead of having to go back and try to get all the sliders adjusted over again. Maybe there is a way to do this now I just don't know about.

Mike
Richowens

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Just dial back whatever is "over the top" with a new setting.
 An "opacity " setting would reduce all
the settings including sharpening, noise reduction and even brush work.

Rich

PeterAit

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
ReplyReply

I do not think that would work. How likely is it that the 5-6 development settings you made would all need to be dialed back by the same amount?

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
mburke

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the replies. Both make sense. I was thinking along the lines of a preset I use from Matt Kloskowski of Kelby Training. I like the preset but sometimes it is to strong and I would like to dial it back a bit without having to guess at which settings (about 10 or 12) would give me the same effect but just a little less. It seems that it would act something like opacity in PS when you have several things going on in a layer and dial back the effect with opacity. Maybe I'm just looking to hard for something that doesn't have much value..

Thanks for the replies,

Mike
Sharon Van Lieu

Nantucket Landscape and Architectural Photographer

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »
ReplyReply

There's a plugin called The Fader that will do it. You have to open the fader, choose the preset and then dial back the amount or increase it (I think). Free to use with lightroom presets and a small fee to use with all presets, at least that's what the deal was when I bought it.  http://www.capturemonkey.com/thefader

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad