Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: On and around the Isle of Skye  (Read 679 times)
Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« on: February 01, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »
ReplyReply

Looking towards Plockton Harbour with the Black Cuillins of the Isle of Skye in the background.

I have found since living and working/semi retiring on the IoS, that occasionally (very occasionally) we get these amazing golden light sunsets, which seem to last for only a matter of minutes. They also seem to coincide with a very calm sea, as can be seen in the water of the tidal sea loch, which is at the head of Loch Carron.

Dave

Photography Tuition holidays on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

A side note: now I am seeing what Oscar was talking about in another thread, i.e., the difference between colors in the thumbnail (yellower) and the image enlarged, once clicked on (redder):
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:58:35 PM by Slobodan Blagojevic » Logged

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
afx

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »
ReplyReply

A side note: now I am seeing what Oscar was talking about in another thread, i.e., the difference between colors in the thumbnail (yellower) and the image enlarged, once clicked on (redder):
Thats what you get when posting a JPG in ProPhotoRGB and a thumbnail that is stripped of the profile and interpreted as sRGB...

cheers
afx

Chairman Bill

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes, very nice, but snow Dave, where's the snow? Did I mention the snow (lots of) we've had in Somerset? We've had lots of it. The snow. Where's your snow?

But yes, it's very nice, in a non-snowy kind of way  Wink
Patricia Sheley

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Midgies?.... with the wonderful light...have never quite experienced such gold, except before a long storm and rainy day. Satisfying and very calming to see it as you captured...

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Thank-you very much Slobodan, I know if you like it, then it really is a worthy image. You have made me very happy.

Thats what you get when posting a JPG in ProPhotoRGB and a thumbnail that is stripped of the profile and interpreted as sRGB...

cheers
afx

Yes I noted that too but didn't know why - so now I know, thanks afx and that I need to convert into sRGB before I post.

Yes, very nice, but snow Dave, where's the snow? Did I mention the snow (lots of) we've had in Somerset? We've had lots of it. The snow. Where's your snow?

But yes, it's very nice, in a non-snowy kind of way  Wink

Bill, that is very annoying, you are absolutely correct of course, but none the less annoying  Cheesy

This is the neareast thing (image below) we have had to snow, just on the tops, it is still here BTW, but no where near the quantities that I wanted it to be. This is also a Prophoto image and not sRGB, so less colour in the preview probably.

Midgies?.... with the wonderful light...have never quite experienced such gold, except before a long storm and rainy day. Satisfying and very calming to see it as you captured...

Happily, no midges since early Oct and don't expect the little beasties to start reappearing and annoying the hell out of me until late May  Wink

I am up for a dawn shoot overlooking the five sisters tomorrow, clear and cold the weather forecast says, so hopefully I will get something worth getting out early(ish) and shivering for.

Have a good weekend all Smiley

Dave
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:14:15 PM by Dave (Isle of Skye) » Logged

Photography Tuition holidays on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
Chairman Bill

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »
ReplyReply

That's not a lot of snow, but it's a beautiful view nonetheless. I am rather jealous. But we did have more snow.
stamper

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 03:28:47 AM »
ReplyReply

That is my kind of image. A lovely rendering and showing the importance of good foreground interest which I feel is needed in a successful sunset image. I am a little surprised however that Bill didn't ask about a lighthouse. Wink Smiley

opgr

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 03:36:14 AM »
ReplyReply

That is my kind of image. A lovely rendering and showing the importance of good foreground interest which I feel is needed in a successful sunset image. I am a little surprised however that Bill didn't ask about a lighthouse. Wink Smiley

+1 & +1

Nice layered tonalities in the mountains as well.

Regards,
Oscar Rysdyk
theimagingfactory
Tony Jay

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:49 AM »
ReplyReply

Kishorn - sumptuous!

Tony Jay
Chairman Bill

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »
ReplyReply

... I am a little surprised however that Bill didn't ask about a lighthouse. Wink Smiley

And he didn't use a D800 either  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad