Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Prague Castle  (Read 532 times)
cjogo

« on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:02 AM »
ReplyReply

As you can see  I'm just barely above the crowds of tourist, pretty surrounded = on the way to this B/W angle of the entrance to the Cathedral posted.  I quit visiting major cities after the mid 90's > just too difficult to work

I was able to extend my tripod up max with a  tripod-mounted Super Wide  > straight up = people just flowed around me and que'd into the massive church .. Wink  But I got the B&W below I was after  Wink

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:36:47 PM by cjogo » Logged
lfeagan

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Enjoyable B+W, thanks for posting.

Lance

Nikon: D700, D800E, PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E 85mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.4G, 14-24 f/2.8G ED, 24-70 f/2.8G ED, 70-200 f/2.8G ED VR II, 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fuji: X-Pro 1, 14mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.0, 35mm f/1.4
cjogo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:55 AM »
ReplyReply

Enjoyable B+W, thanks for posting.
Thanks -- amazing detail > hard angle to capture with all the tourists .. just wanted a shot someone else never caught Grin
RedwoodGuy

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
ReplyReply

A well executed architectural detail.  I found myself zooming in to have a look at the nice adornments. The framing and lighting is plain and doesn't go too much beyond that kind of documenting of the details of the arch. I think the first photograph with the sea of heads was more photographically fun and interesting.
cjogo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:26:50 PM »
ReplyReply

"I think the first photograph with the sea of heads was more photographically fun and interesting."  Great but unfortunately does not sell well in galleries  Grin Cheesy
RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
ReplyReply

"I think the first photograph with the sea of heads was more photographically fun and interesting."  Great but unfortunately does not sell well in galleries  Grin Cheesy
OH! Taking photographs to sell is wholly different activity than taking photographs for the sake of art. I had no idea that was your interest. I won't trouble you with critiques then. I have no possible idea what people would BUY in wherever you sell these. LOL I know that here, most people only buy mindless sentimentality and photographic wallpaper, like a photo of a lion in the grass, or a foggy cabin with yellow light in the window, or anything they think looks like a "painting by Kincaid." I don't know what people buy in other places. Sorry! I didn't understand your intent. My mistake.
cjogo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Oh no -- love the comments // \\  all feedback welcome .  I can always use another perspective on my images ~!  But I usually concentrate on what will sell to my market.   Carmel is its own.  Classic Westons/Adams/ etc .   So B&W a mainstay.     Colour was even more difficult..

Maybe now > with digital < there is no real cost,  so one can have so much more fun = just shooting.  Back when shooting film >  every photo you printed and delivered would  cost you a minimum of $100 out of pocket.  So, a costly hobby ~ not too take lightly  Cry
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:14:05 PM by cjogo » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad