Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Office / Studio Chair  (Read 4835 times)
Chris_Brown

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »
ReplyReply

There seem to be many versions, which model do you recommend?

I use the Gold's Gym Stayball, "built with a unique anti-burst feature" which seems like it has a thicker wall/material, but I don't really know how it's "anti-burst".

It could be that when it bursts, it explodes with a loud POP, causing the user to quickly jump up.   Cheesy

~ CB
Schewe

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 04:34:26 PM »
ReplyReply

After 15 years in an "office" chair, I switched to this and feel great after a 10-hour retouch session.

Along those same lines, I tried a SWOPPER...I liked it short term but found myself constantly bouncing around and found it impossible to do any serious work involving digital imaging...my arms were simply never stable and the mouse was all over the place. You really have to concentrate to remain stable which I found tiring

I like it (it's adjustable up/down) and still have it but I don't use it very often...would be fun to watch TV on though...
Chris_Brown

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »
ReplyReply

but found myself constantly bouncing around and found it impossible to do any serious work involving digital imaging...my arms were simply never stable and the mouse was all over the place.

Jeff-

Please post a video of this. With the audio.

Thanx!

Cheesy

~ CB
Sheldon N

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm more of a fan of getting out of the chair for an hour a day and doing some real exercise. That will do a lot more for your core stability than a fit ball will. Smiley

tived

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
ReplyReply

You should be getting out of the chair every 1-2 hours every day, and move around regardless of what super chair/ball/flying carpet you may have. This has many benefits to your health

Henrik
from the comfort of my Embody chair  Wink
Josh-H

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
ReplyReply

You should be getting out of the chair every 1-2 hours every day, and move around regardless of what super chair/ball/flying carpet you may have. This has many benefits to your health

Henrik
from the comfort of my Embody chair  Wink

Yup - I deliberately have my espresso machine downstairs - no choice but to walk the 30 odd metres there and back every other hour or so to keep my caffeine levels topped up  Grin

michswiss

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »
ReplyReply

I upgraded my office chair at the end of last year.  Also went with Herman Miller but decided on the Embody over the Aeron.  It's made a huge difference.

Derryck

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Being an official photographer for Herman Miller I'm probably a bit biased but would definitely have to agree with an Aeron chair. If you budget isn't up there you can also try the Yves Bahar designed Sayl chair. I used to shoot for Haworth and bought a Zody chair but the armrests are falling apart  Grin

Derryck.

tived

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Well, nice work then :-)

Being an official photographer for Herman Miller I'm probably a bit biased but would definitely have to agree with an Aeron chair. If you budget isn't up there you can also try the Yves Bahar designed Sayl chair. I used to shoot for Haworth and bought a Zody chair but the armrests are falling apart  Grin

Derryck.

nemo295
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
ReplyReply

Aeron. Just bite the bullet and do it. It will last forever and you'll never be sorry you bought one.

Trust me. Your butt and your back will thank you.
K.C.

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
ReplyReply

And how many of you HM owners tried competitive chairs ?

Two of my clients that have the Aeron sat in my Steelcase Leap while we reviewed images and ended up buying one.
tived

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 01:02:09 AM »
ReplyReply

And how many of you HM owners tried competitive chairs ?

Two of my clients that have the Aeron sat in my Steelcase Leap while we reviewed images and ended up buying one.

K C,

They are by no means the only good and comfortable chairs.
In my case I tried several different chairs at different stores but to me they did not feel as good, but it's also very individual

I'll have a look at yours in a minute, thanks for sharing

Henrik
K.C.

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Here's the latest coming from Steelcase.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad