Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Photographer-in-Training  (Read 366 times)
Rajan Parrikar

« on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
ReplyReply

Candid of my understudy, my niece.  In Saligao, Goa.  Blog post here.

kencameron

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
ReplyReply

One of the things that makes me entertain a faint hope that the human race may survive and prosper is that it is just beginning to make full use of the talents of its female members.

On the image, I would immediately be tempted to try a tighter crop. I assume you thought about that and rejected it. I would be interested in why.

nemo295
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
ReplyReply

One of the things that makes me entertain a faint hope that the human race may survive and prosper is that it is just beginning to make full use of the talents of its female members.

+1

Nice photo.
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
ReplyReply

I like the emptiness around her. To me it suggests there is a whole vast world waiting for her to explore.

Very appealing.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rajan Parrikar

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you, all.

Ken, this framing just seemed right to me. I wanted to retain some context. I have a second image in my blog post that is even wider.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Candid of my understudy, my niece.  In Saligao, Goa.  Blog post here.

This is a delight to look at. The simplicity is so hard to achieve in this manner, that I took a good while to appreciate it. The gentle diffusion from f/g to b/g and the centered framing is what I think achieves this elegant simplicity. It takes great restraint to keep from zooming in tighter with the camera. You really have to see that edge to edge simplicity in the b/g and how it will work. The subject is intense in her self. I get a feeling of confidence and competence and freedom.

The colors are human and warm without being neonified, and the lighting is perfection.  The black pants make a perfect pedestal and the point of cutoff seems right. Could it be more effective with the camera just a little lower? Maybe. The photo is exposed right and all the details and technical aspects are spot on.

Very enjoyable.
kencameron

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 10:54:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Ken, this framing just seemed right to me. I wanted to retain some context. I have a second image in my blog post that is even wider.
On  reflection, you are right. I do think, though, that there is another nice shot in there where you get a closer look at her.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad